Pats @ Steelers for AFC Championship. Steelers are done!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Pats @ Steelers for AFC Championship. Steelers are done!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:41 am

This game SHOULD be close but is very dependent on Ben making a few big plays because the Pats will gear up to stop the run and force Ben to beat them. The Steelers need to use the deep pass early and then pound with Bettis/Staley. I'm going to say that the Pats win by at least 10 due mainly to Steelers playoff inexperience vs Pats experience. Really you can break this game down many ways and argue either side but I just don't think the Steelers are ready this year.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby davus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:20 am

OwenTheBlonde wrote:This game SHOULD be close but is very dependent on Ben making a few big plays because the Pats will gear up to stop the run and force Ben to beat them. The Steelers need to use the deep pass early and then pound with Bettis/Staley. I'm going to say that the Pats win by at least 10 due mainly to Steelers playoff inexperience vs Pats experience. Really you can break this game down many ways and argue either side but I just don't think the Steelers are ready this year.

Actually, the bulk of this team was there for their 2001 and 2002 playoff runs. They are not as inexperienced as you think. Ben's inexperience is a big advantage for the Patriots, though.
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:23 pm

Azrael wrote:Most of the things I see or hear are "it'll be a close game but the Pats will win" Basically this means they don't think the Steelers have a chance to win but don't have the guts to call it a blowout just because they are 16-1 this year.

This is a joke. Are you saying we are not allowed to believe that the Pats will win in a close one? Seriously?
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby davus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:19 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Azrael wrote:Most of the things I see or hear are "it'll be a close game but the Pats will win" Basically this means they don't think the Steelers have a chance to win but don't have the guts to call it a blowout just because they are 16-1 this year.

This is a joke. Are you saying we are not allowed to believe that the Pats will win in a close one? Seriously?

Well if the Pats are sooooo superior, why would it be a close game???? :-?
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chcbb » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:54 pm

davus wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:

Well if the Pats are sooooo superior, why would it be a close game???? :-?

because i think most of us feel that the steelers are quite good, but the pats are better right now.... would you rather me lie and post "steelers suck!!, the pats are going to beat them by like 40 points!!"... no, i think this will be another one of those close games (ie the 2 super bowls) in which the pats pull it off in the end w/ a vinatieri field goal. whoever said the pats were soooo superior?? they're just a little superior :-)
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:08 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:I'm going to say that the Pats win by at least 10 due mainly to Steelers playoff inexperience vs Pats experience. Really you can break this game down many ways and argue either side but I just don't think the Steelers are ready this year.

Playoff experience hasn't meant anything towards the Eagles getting to the Superbowl so far.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:35 am

Azrael wrote:
OwenTheBlonde wrote:I'm going to say that the Pats win by at least 10 due mainly to Steelers playoff inexperience vs Pats experience. Really you can break this game down many ways and argue either side but I just don't think the Steelers are ready this year.

Playoff experience hasn't meant anything towards the Eagles getting to the Superbowl so far.

What do the Eagles have to do with anything? Last time I checked they arent the Patriots. Ill admit I have my doubts about this game, but Ive learned to never underestimate Belicheck and the Pats, so Im expecteing a 7 point victory.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:09 am

a little too much testosterone in this thread :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:44 am

being good doesn't mean you necessarily blow everyone out -- that it is an ignorant comment.

as for the eagles, I'd say the playoff experience has something to do with actually getting there every year. we shall see what they do now that they actually have their key memebers healthy.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishclown » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:02 pm

Steelers dominated them last time and the will do it again. I'm just glad the Patsies beat the Colts because I was a lot more worried about the Colts than the Patsies.

Sorry fella, NE tends to break a lot of hearts this time of year. Make sure you wave your little yellow towel real hard, because you won't be able to use it until next year!!
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting