Atlanta or Phili - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Atlanta or Phili

Moderator: Football Moderators

Atlanta or Phili

Postby loosechange75 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:59 pm

who do u think will win this sunday the falcons or the Eagles

i personally say the eagles win 17-10

with what both D's showed me this weekend against 2 very good offenses it would be to me no surprise if this game ends up single digits
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:32 pm

I think the Eagles will win too. Doesn't matter though, these guys are basically playing for 2nd place. The Superbowl is this week in Pittsburgh. And I hate to say it but I'd much rather have seen the Colts.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:34 pm

I predict there will be a Super Bowl with a quick black quarterback against a game-controlling white quarterback. :-b
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:02 am

Nilmerf wrote:I predict there will be a Super Bowl with a quick black quarterback against a game-controlling white quarterback. :-b

:-b Nice. If the Falcons lose you're guaranteed two unshaven quarterbacks as well. :-?
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby water boy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:20 am

i see philly winning 24-10
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby loosechange75 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:49 pm

If the Eagles get TO back i think they could beat New England or pitt in the superbowl
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:51 pm

Just to be different and the possiblity to tell everyone I told you so im going to side with the falcons.

Atlanta totally dominated STL even though thats not saying much I see history repeating itself and Philly again losing in the NFC championship.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:10 pm

Azrael wrote:I think the Eagles will win too. Doesn't matter though, these guys are basically playing for 2nd place. The Superbowl is this week in Pittsburgh. And I hate to say it but I'd much rather have seen the Colts.

Why would you rather the Colts?
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:51 am

ooooo atl beat the rams (the same team the eagles basically let in the playoffs. The same team that couldn't even blow out the eagles jv team.

other than some historeical trend, I have yet to hear of any real reason atlanta would win this won other than some vague reference to the "vick factor" -- forgetting of course that their offense still isn't all that, and as a passer, he is really not good.

News flash -- eagles defense is much better than any team they have faced this year. and vick didn;t exactly light up tampa, arizona, detroit. I just don't get the pre game hype on atlanta to be honest.

30 of their 48 sacks came at home -- with the turf and with the fan noise. I just don't see it this year -- of course we have said that before...

I'm not ruling out the possiblity, but seriosuly, what factor gives atlanta the advantage? the run game? well, their run game is very misleading as they aren't a slow methodic driving team like pitt or something, vick breaks long ones etc. in practical terms, that is no more problematic as long pass plays. the slower rush drives wear you down much more.

I will also add that the advent of trotter has helped that area immensely, and that the eagles don;t usually have too much problem with the smaller runners (they have historically corralled dunn), it is the bruisers who are the problem.

it could be close, but I doubt atlanta wins.

btw to the starter of this thread -- its "philly", not "philli"
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:57 am

I think Philly wins it...And it may not be that close.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk