Steelers MUST limit Ben's passes to win - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steelers MUST limit Ben's passes to win

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:31 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:i was talking to a steelers homer this weekend. He claimed that he would rather have Big Ben rather than Tom Brady. WHAT!

i gladly pointed out the obvious. And he said we will see. This was before the Steelers game on saturday.

Some people sacrifice looking stupid just so they can cheer for their team. WOW. Not me. Never. Facts are Facts.

At this point in their careers I'd have to agree with you. Hard to argue you'd rather have a rookie than a 2 time superbowl winner.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:22 am

As a Steelers fan I would trade Roethlisburger for Brady any day of the week.

This is going to be a tough game. I can't wait to see it.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:35 pm

moochman wrote:I think if the Stillers try to limit their passing game they'll be playing right into the Pats' hands. They need to throw deep on the Pats. Burress and Randel El are big enough and don't mind physical play so the secondary could be exposed. Ben need to find his poise and throw deep a handful of times.

Mooch, I agree. Spread the Pats, like the Colts should have, and force Brown and others to cover. Ben will have to make the throws. I don't see them winning by keeping Ben from throwing much.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:37 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:As a Steelers fan I would trade Roethlisburger for Brady any day of the week.

This is going to be a tough game. I can't wait to see it.

As a Patriots fan, I wouldn't trade Brady for any QB in the league.

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:01 pm

Brady's just one piece of that team. It's the team that's great not Brady. You can't honestly tell me you'd rather have Brady than Manning. I'd probably rather have Culpepper or McNabb as well.

Sure Brady's won more superbowls but I think alot of guys are fortunate to be in certain situations. The best way to tell who you'd rather have is to envision them playing for the same team with the same players and coaches surrounding them.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby nsulham » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:18 pm

People keep discrediting Brady because he doesn't have the arm strength, the mobility, etc., etc. Basically he's a bland quarterback.

Well tell me this: how many other QBs could have led their team to not one but TWO Super Bowl winning drives with the game on the line? The NE defense had nothing to do with the drive so the reasoning that "it's the other part of the team that makes him great" is false.

He's not flashy and he's not the "prototypical" quarterback but he gets the job done and he WINS. Isn't that what it all comes down to, wins and losses?
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:52 pm

Brady is as close to a Montana as you are going to get without having a Rice to throw it to.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:06 pm

Azrael wrote:Brady's just one piece of that team. It's the team that's great not Brady. You can't honestly tell me you'd rather have Brady than Manning. I'd probably rather have Culpepper or McNabb as well.

Sure Brady's won more superbowls but I think alot of guys are fortunate to be in certain situations. The best way to tell who you'd rather have is to envision them playing for the same team with the same players and coaches surrounding them.

Damn straight I would. I would take Brady over all of them. Manning is a great passer, that's for sure, but he gets scared--I can't think of it being anything else--against good defenses. He didn't know what to do with the ball.

Football is not like baseball, where stats are a much more accurate measure of a player. In football--especially the quarterback position--there are so many unmeasurables that are important to the QBs success.

If I needed a player to throw a football thirty yards through a tire, I'd pick Manning. If I want to win a football game, I pick Brady.

Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk