Early 2005 fantasy mock draft: Nate Ravitz, USA Today - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Early 2005 fantasy mock draft: Nate Ravitz, USA Today

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:14 am

My thoughts:

I've seen T. Gonzalez ranked higher than A. Gates on a LOT of lists. I know that Gonzalez has a proven track record going for him and there are doubts about what happens to Brees in the offseason, but 81 catches for 964 yards and 13 TDs speaks enough volume to me to justify my first TE pick for Gates.

Tatum Bell at #34 is silly high. There's no guarantee that he'll have the starting job - R. Droughns, Q. Griffin, or some guy 5th on the depth chart could end up being the man in Denver next year. You just never know.

Two rushing and one receiving touchdown last year! Unless you are in a yardage league that awards one point per five yards rushing, Fred Taylor does not deserve to be ranked as high as #28, and higher than the likes of Chris Brown and Warrick Dunn.

Steve Smith is too low at number 88. Unless his broken leg does not heal properly, this guy is a major force. Besides being an exceptional WR he returns punts.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:03 pm

Not too bad for this kind of thing (generally these things have every Denver RB taken by the middle of the 3rd round). A couple things stood out:

I'm not sure Moss would go that far ahead of TO. Would he even go ahead of TO in the first place?

Culpepper at #6 overall, Mcnabb at #25 overall. What a bargain for the Mcnabb owner in comparison. Is there really that big a difference between the two?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Culpepper at #6 overall, Mcnabb at #25 overall. What a bargain for the Mcnabb owner in comparison. Is there really that big a difference between the two?

Maybe a few more TD's and some rushing yards...

McNabb is valued well (if you want to take a QB even that high...I see no reason to); In my opinion Manning and Culpepper are overvalued. I just don't see them repeating this output. I just can't justify picking them in the first round. They belong at the beginning or middle of the second.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Drew Bennett's numbers depend on Volek starting. He's a bust with McNair, a solid pick with Volek.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk