I want the Pup... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I want the Pup...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:03 am

davus wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Steelers: Most overrated 15-1 team ever. They shouldn't have made it past the divisional, and they got utterly stomped vs the Pats. Come on, the Colts held them to 20 points! And the "vaunted" defense of the Steelers gets a 41 bomb dropped on em. Another classic #1 seed choke by Bill Cowhers Steelers.


Go Bears? :-?
At least we won the Super Bowl when we were 15-1 }:-) .
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Postby davus » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:52 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
davus wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Steelers: Most overrated 15-1 team ever. They shouldn't have made it past the divisional, and they got utterly stomped vs the Pats. Come on, the Colts held them to 20 points! And the "vaunted" defense of the Steelers gets a 41 bomb dropped on em. Another classic #1 seed choke by Bill Cowhers Steelers.


Go Bears? :-?
At least we won the Super Bowl when we were 15-1 }:-) .


Man, the Bears are pretty much the worst team in the NFL since '85 so you don't have a leg to stand on. Get back to me when they look like anything better than a powder puff squad.

B-)
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 119
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:56 am

Oh GP I could have sworn those lil Pats bashing songs of your was a form of you talking shit...guess I was mistaken, never the less I will re-offer you a fat slice of that pie any time your ready for it!


oh and Trans, a lil respect you do deserve for being a BB mod...but keep in mind your in our house, we set the table and we set the rules.

Talking smack the last couple weeks of the season and thinking your not going get told "where to go" is naive. I'm a Red sox fan and I watch every game they play, yet I'm on here during the entire football season and off season backing my teams up.

Baseball has been over for a long time now so useing that for an excuse as to why you haven't been on here "talking smack" is a bull shit excuse if I ever heard one. Your either a fan or your not, if your a bandwagoner then you get the crap that goes with being one.

P.S. Becareful of that pup, once you piss him off that dawg with rip you apart :-o
Image

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5783
Joined: 6 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Bada Bing

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:05 pm

davus wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
davus wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Steelers: Most overrated 15-1 team ever. They shouldn't have made it past the divisional, and they got utterly stomped vs the Pats. Come on, the Colts held them to 20 points! And the "vaunted" defense of the Steelers gets a 41 bomb dropped on em. Another classic #1 seed choke by Bill Cowhers Steelers.


Go Bears? :-?
At least we won the Super Bowl when we were 15-1 }:-) .


Man, the Bears are pretty much the worst team in the NFL since '85 so you don't have a leg to stand on. Get back to me when they look like anything better than a powder puff squad.

B-)
No, actually they aren't. How bout the cardinals, lions, Browns, Bengals? Those teams have been far worse. Had the Bears not gotten ridiculously injured, they probably would have been around 9-7, 10-6 in Lovies first year. The defense is young and vicious. We'll see next year, bud.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:17 pm

Bears my dark horse playoff team next year. Grossman back. TJ back to form that he showed early this year (with Grossman playing). D will have Mike Brown back and Urlacher healthy. They are very aggressive and with a couple of tweaks will defintely be a top 10 D. Primarily they need a WR for Grossman to throw to. If they get one, whether thru FA or the draft then they should make a lot of noise.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 668
Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Right behind you with a bucket of Gatorade

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:32 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:Oh GP I could have sworn those lil Pats bashing songs of your was a form of you talking shit...guess I was mistaken, never the less I will re-offer you a fat slice of that pie any time your ready for it!


oh and Trans, a lil respect you do deserve for being a BB mod...but keep in mind your in our house, we set the table and we set the rules.

Talking smack the last couple weeks of the season and thinking your not going get told "where to go" is naive. I'm a Red sox fan and I watch every game they play, yet I'm on here during the entire football season and off season backing my teams up.

Baseball has been over for a long time now so useing that for an excuse as to why you haven't been on here "talking smack" is a bull shit excuse if I ever heard one. Your either a fan or your not, if your a bandwagoner then you get the crap that goes with being one.

P.S. Becareful of that pup, once you piss him off that dawg with rip you apart :-o


Dazey, I'm not just dropping out of nowhere. I don't post here as much during the year, but I am here.

And I think it's naive to assume that trash talking doesn't peak during the playoffs.

So to have respect on these board I have to talk smack nonstop? That makes no sense. Sorry Dazey.

And, you didn't just accuse me of being a bandwagoner, did you? I've been on these boards for awhile, and I've been backing up my Pats for the whole time I've been here. I was here predicting the games, and I was here after them. I'll be here if the Pats lose to the Eagles.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 711
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:44 pm

all cool now. Thanks. ;-D
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 711
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davus » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:13 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
davus wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
davus wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Steelers: Most overrated 15-1 team ever. They shouldn't have made it past the divisional, and they got utterly stomped vs the Pats. Come on, the Colts held them to 20 points! And the "vaunted" defense of the Steelers gets a 41 bomb dropped on em. Another classic #1 seed choke by Bill Cowhers Steelers.


Go Bears? :-?
At least we won the Super Bowl when we were 15-1 }:-) .


Man, the Bears are pretty much the worst team in the NFL since '85 so you don't have a leg to stand on. Get back to me when they look like anything better than a powder puff squad.

B-)
No, actually they aren't. How bout the cardinals, lions, Browns, Bengals? Those teams have been far worse. Had the Bears not gotten ridiculously injured, they probably would have been around 9-7, 10-6 in Lovies first year. The defense is young and vicious. We'll see next year, bud.


The Bears are worse than all of those teams over the past two decades , starting with the '86 season. Probably have stunk for your entire life. To call the Bears an NFL team is overrating them.

And we WILL see next year, because they are playing each other so I'll be first in line for that PBC.
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 119
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:49 pm

I maybe was a little harsh and for that I apologize.

Dazed,the Brady Bunch song was hardly smack and the other was just a song about the Steelers,not necessarily against the Patriots.I didn't talk much trash before the game because I knew it would be a tough one.I will wear the bag out of disappointment rather than shame but I won't be eating any crow because I really didn't bring any smack to the table.

Merce,I like the Pirates but I am a Reds fan. :-/
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10756
Joined: 20 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:39 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:
My arguement: The Detroit Lions almost beat the Vikes, twice. That's pretty bad. And I know if Philly meets up with the Falcons in the NFC Championship, no problem. The Lions actually beat them to a pulp. So this might sound funny, but I'm basing my entire Super Bowl NFC contender on what I call "The Lion Factor". In fact this might be a little out of date, but the Lions also beat the Rams last year in their final game. So there! That's what I say.


I hate to go against my own and previous words, but I gotta. And I didn't know this was going to turn into a PBC, but yeah, I'm in. And the reason I hate this is because I've gotta route for Pittsburgh. They've probably got the strongest defense in the leauge, which is what I think will put a hurtin' to the Patriots. But, it might sound crazy, they got beat by Detroit in preseason. 8-o

So, is my whole "Lions Factor" going to come true. Cause the Falcons are playing too, and you've heard what I've said before. And I've noticed until today, I've been the only one in the Lucky Ladders to predict a Pennsylvania Super Bowl (Pitts vs. Philly). For my own sake I can only hope there's a little flaw in my "Lions Factor" and that it will go wrong with Pittsburgh. :-D


Two paragraphs and I'm not sure who you picked...

Anyway, thanks for the note GP. No hard feelings all around.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 711
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:58 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact