Moss leaving the Vikes sidelines...for good? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss leaving the Vikes sidelines...for good?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Autumn Wind » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:39 pm

Phillip Buch. and our #7 pick in the draft. Hell, I'll throw in next years Rnd 2 pick as well.
Just win baby!
Autumn Wind
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:17 pm

moochman wrote:
awwchrist wrote:We'll take him. 3 first round picks? Done. Koren Robinson and 2 first round picks? Done. Klondike bar? Done.

Wouldn't that be Koren Bobbleson and 4 first round picks?"

You're probably right. :-?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:49 pm

No way Moss goes anywhere. You have one of the top QBs in football and you're going to take away his primary receiver who happens to be one of the all-time greats, talent-wise? No way. With no running game, Minny relies on passing and Culpepper wouldn't be the same with MRob, Burleson (as much as I like him) and someone else they pick up. This would be PR smoke at most to make it look like the organization is trying to be tough on Moss. IF Moss was dealt, then I agree that it was done to line Red's pocket and not for the good of the team.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby nsulham » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:17 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
A guy like Henry could be had for likely a 2nd rounder, and several others could be had without giving anything up. Where does that leave the value of the Minn. Rb's?

Ya know, I think a lot of teams are going to be willing to give up picks for RBs who can come in and help their team after seeing what Dillon did for the Pats for a measly second round pick.

Granted, Dillon was a little more proven than Henry is but I think people now see the value in giving up the pick for a guy who can come in and make a difference.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:27 pm

Don't say he will not get traded. Let's look at this objectively.

1) Randy Moss is a headache. Don't get me wrong, he has amazing talent, but you can make the argument he does more bad than good.

2) Randy Moss has publicly voiced his passionate dislike towards Head Coach Mike Tice. I'll be the first to agree with Randy and say Tice is a flatout idiot and the Vikings could be Superbowl bound if they had Tony Dungy leading the squad. (A Minnesota-lover who was offered his head coaching job the same year as Tice)

3) To get to the Superbowl, the Vikings need to improve their lackluster defense. Antoine Winfield CAN NOT carry the Vikings defense on his shoulders along with Kevin Williams. The Vikings are going to get defensive help one way or another.

4) This year, Burleson improved to a possible #1 WR candidate. Chances are, Burleson either made you win or lose a game this season. During Moss's absense this season, Burleson performed showing potential even Vikings optimists didn't expect. If the Vikings have confidence in Burleson's playmaking, the need for Moss could plummet, fast.

I pray every night that Randy Moss is in purple and gold the day he announces his retirement. But, all jokes aside, if the right deal comes along, there are four reasons why the Vikings organization could ship him off to a "bigger and better" place.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:32 pm

If I were Mike Tice I would franchise him becasue he is such a good player, despite his poor performance off the field and the fact that he is the biggest a$$wipe to the team.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Autumn Wind » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:03 pm

Did any of you see the begining of NFL countdown yesterday morning? Chris Berman started off by saying "RANDY MOSS A RAIDER??? PHILLIP BUCHANON A VIKING? LET THE CHAOS BEGIN CHRIS MORTENSEN!" Had to leave before I saw what Mort said, but I am drooling just thinking about it.
Just win baby!
Autumn Wind
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:38 pm

Depending on the deal, moving Randy for picks and a good player could be one of those addition by subtraction type of deals. How many times did Culpepper zero in on Moss yesterday only to miss a streaking Wiggins down the middle, wide open? I wonder if Culpepper might actually mature more as a QB? I wouldn't shut any talks down dealing with Moss this offseason.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:18 pm

This thread would have been crazy talk after the 2003 season. Still is crazy talk IMO. This thread is only possible because Moss has been playing on one foot for half of the season.

Maybe all those reports of plantar falcitis(sp?) in the preseason determined that Moss would have foot problems during the season and they should have traded him then? I'm under the belief that Moss will recover in 2005 and become the single most dominant WR ever to play the game for another 5 years.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:18 pm

nsulham wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
A guy like Henry could be had for likely a 2nd rounder, and several others could be had without giving anything up. Where does that leave the value of the Minn. Rb's?

Ya know, I think a lot of teams are going to be willing to give up picks for RBs who can come in and help their team after seeing what Dillon did for the Pats for a measly second round pick.

Granted, Dillon was a little more proven than Henry is but I think people now see the value in giving up the pick for a guy who can come in and make a difference.

Dillon didn't only garner a 2nd round pick because anyone doubted what he could do on the field, he was only worth a 2nd round pick because everyone knew they could get him for that little because Cincy wanted him out.

Same with TO...2nd rounder.

Same goes for Henry. Granted, he doesn't bring the off the field baggage, but really the major role that played was in determining that the team didn't want them anymore. In Henry's case, Mcgahee is that reason rather than off the field problems.

All the chips are on the side of the team trading FOR Henry. In Buffalo, Henry would be nothing more than the highest paid backup RB in the league. Everyone knows the Bills don't want to pay their backup RB more than most of their starters, so they have the bargaining chip.

If the Bills didn't have Mcgahee, and someone approached the Bills about trading for Henry, there's no way they could get him for a 2nd round pick. With Mcgahee there, a 2nd rounder is better than nothing...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk