Moss leaving the Vikes sidelines...for good? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss leaving the Vikes sidelines...for good?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:44 pm

maddog60 wrote:A guy who walks off the field in a do-or-die game is not the guy who wins you a superbowl. You can't play that kind of laid back approach and succeed in the playoffs.

Personally, I don't think Moss would go to the Raiders, but to the Ravens. They're one big WR talent away from having a scary offense to compliment that defense, and they've got at least one LB to spare which Minn. would love I'm sure.

If the Ravens get Randy Moss, I would crap in my pants with happiness. :-) They would be huge super bowl contenders.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:47 pm

Moss would be perfect for Boller who could just heave the ball and not worry so much about accuracy. And Jamal and Heap would be monsters underneath. Ravens could make it happen if they want to. More likely they go after Muhammed though still at this point.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:55 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:If the Ravens get Randy Moss, I would crap in my pants with happiness. :-)

OK, we are NOT going to mtryanks' house to watch a game.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:14 pm

I don't know about Burleson being a goto #1 guy for an entire season, but he played great this year. I think they could let Moss go and get a #1 WR in Free Agency...Like Muhammad perhaps? Hmm, maybe onto something here...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:11 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:Moss would be perfect for Boller who could just heave the ball and not worry so much about accuracy. And Jamal and Heap would be monsters underneath. Ravens could make it happen if they want to. More likely they go after Muhammed though still at this point.

I think that Moss would be great with the Ravens. Billick coached Randy his rookie year with the Vikes and was their offensive coordinator that year (1998). That year the Vikings set (and still hold) the record for most points scored in a season. Something like 556 points or so if I remember right. The Vikings should get something like Ray Lewis and a #1 at least for Randy IMHO.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:15 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:If the Ravens get Randy Moss, I would crap in my pants with happiness. :-)

OK, we are NOT going to mtryanks' house to watch a game.

no, I';d crap when I figure out he's on the team, which would be long before the season starts. we can go to my friend's house. In his basement he has a bar, sick leather recliners, a ps2, xbox,a nd GC,a ping pong table, drum set, and you know that sony camcorder commercial where the little is filming her bro and his gf, and they're like "you are my shining star"? The TV they play the DVD on, he has that. Sony Wega 50 inch LCD. amazing, plus 7.1 surround sound, tivo, and hdtv,a nd nfl network. to bad he's a bills fan.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelyeri » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:34 pm

Found this on a Charger board. it was posted by a giant fan...

Randy Moss a Oakland Raider!! Vikings and Raiders are close to agreeing on the trade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiders first round pick, Philip Buchanon and possibly more for Randy Moss.

Most important, the salary cap implications are more favorable for a trade now. Here is the upshot: Moss would count nearly the same amount on the Vikings' 2005 salary cap whether he is on the team or not.

If he remains with the Vikings, Moss' cap number will be $9.5 million. If he is traded, he will count $9 million on the 2005 cap and then be wiped off the Vikings' salary cap books for the final three seasons of the eight-year, $75 million extension he signed in July 2001.

Just as important to a financially strapped franchise, the Vikings would be off the hook for paying the remaining cash on Moss' contract -- $36.5 million, including his 2005 base salary of $7.25 million. Under NFL rules, Moss' new team would be responsible for paying the cash even though he would count on the Vikings' salary cap in 2005.
[/quote]

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:35 pm

steelyeri wrote:Found this on a Charger board. it was posted by a giant fan...

Randy Moss a Oakland Raider!! Vikings and Raiders are close to agreeing on the trade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiders first round pick, Philip Buchanon and possibly more for Randy Moss.

Most important, the salary cap implications are more favorable for a trade now. Here is the upshot: Moss would count nearly the same amount on the Vikings' 2005 salary cap whether he is on the team or not.

If he remains with the Vikings, Moss' cap number will be $9.5 million. If he is traded, he will count $9 million on the 2005 cap and then be wiped off the Vikings' salary cap books for the final three seasons of the eight-year, $75 million extension he signed in July 2001.

Just as important to a financially strapped franchise, the Vikings would be off the hook for paying the remaining cash on Moss' contract -- $36.5 million, including his 2005 base salary of $7.25 million. Under NFL rules, Moss' new team would be responsible for paying the cash even though he would count on the Vikings' salary cap in 2005.
[/quote]

seems suspicious. why would that be in the charger board?
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:41 pm

Because the Chargers are scared their rivals will get better. I could see Al pulling something like that and Moss has a perfect Raiders personality. Who knows. This rumor was floating around yesterday, just hadn't seen any details.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:43 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:Because the Chargers are scared their rivals will get better. I could see Al pulling something like that and Moss has a perfect Raiders personality. Who knows. This or was floating around yesterday, just hadn't seen any details.

as I said earlier, moss should end up on the ravens beacsue he is married to my sister. :-] just kidding
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk