Nolan named new coach of the 49ers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Nolan named new coach of the 49ers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:56 pm

though it wont solve all the niner woes, it is a step in the right direction. let the raven lead the way :-) ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:47 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:though it wont solve all the niner woes, it is a step in the right direction. let the raven lead the way :-) ;-D
Deluxe, I've been meaning to ask you or any Ravens fan, what are your thoughts on Nolan?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:42 pm

The real get for the 49ers is Singletary, I think he will be a great coach some day.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:04 pm

MadScott wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:though it wont solve all the niner woes, it is a step in the right direction. let the raven lead the way :-) ;-D
Deluxe, I've been meaning to ask you or any Ravens fan, what are your thoughts on Nolan?

Well, everyone here knows I'm a ravens fan, and Nolan kicks A$$!! One of the most talented coaching staff members I've seen in my (short) 13 year long life.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:56 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:The real get for the 49ers is Singletary, I think he will be a great coach some day.
Agreed! I think he's really flown under the radar as far as coaching ability.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:56 pm

so does anyone feel that drafting a defensively minded coach may mean the 49ers do trade down and maybe pick up derrick jonson and then a corner later? I really hope they take Rodgers, but Im not too sure they will.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:28 pm

I bet he gives the corners they have a shot this year. just because he's a little defensive minded doesn't mean they won't draft rodgers and then go after a LB or DE in the 2nd. I mean like 6 of them were injured this year. The guys they were throwing out there made Troy brown look like deion sanders.
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:09 am

The offensive line is a much more pressing need than any position on defence.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Demented Avenger » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:55 am

portisfan24 wrote:so does anyone feel that drafting a defensively minded coach may mean the 49ers do trade down and maybe pick up derrick jonson and then a corner later? I really hope they take Rodgers, but Im not too sure they will.

I do know that Rodgers is very interested in becoming a 49er. Interested enough to take a lower contract, even.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:27 pm

Demented Avenger wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:so does anyone feel that drafting a defensively minded coach may mean the 49ers do trade down and maybe pick up derrick jonson and then a corner later? I really hope they take Rodgers, but Im not too sure they will.

I do know that Rodgers is very interested in becoming a 49er. Interested enough to take a lower contract, even.
Demented, is there an article associated with this? I haven't heard anything like that so far but nevertheless, it doesn't mean that it hasn't been said.

I don't think the coaching situation will have any bearing on who they chose in the draft. If they do go after DJ in the draft, I think they won't have the luxury of trading down too far.

To CC, they do need some help on the Oline but not a ton. The truth is that they've got a young line and the cement on that line, Newberry, was injured and in and out of the lineup all year.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk