Nolan named new coach of the 49ers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Nolan named new coach of the 49ers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:27 pm

Nope MadScott, no article. I probably shouldn't have said the "enough to take a lower contract" part. I know for a fact he's a huge 49er fan and would love to be a 49er, and I ASSUMED he'd be willing to be paid a little less. Money is money, though...
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:52 pm

Demented Avenger wrote:Nope MadScott, no article. I probably shouldn't have said the "enough to take a lower contract" part. I know for a fact he's a huge 49er fan and would love to be a 49er, and I ASSUMED he'd be willing to be paid a little less. Money is money, though...
No problem. I was just curious.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:39 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:The offensive line is a much more pressing need than any position on defence.

The return of pro-bowl center Jeremy Newberry should help to shore up SF O-line a lot. Simply put, good trench players may their teammates look better. Look at what a healthy Alan Faneca did for Pittsburgh this year after their horrible 2003 season. I'm not saying one lineman can single-handedly change the outlook of an O-line, but it can be a serious help. Jon Jansen of the Redskin's can single-handedly improve that line in 2005 as well.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Demented Avenger » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:51 pm

Kensat30 wrote:The return of pro-bowl center Jeremy Newberry should help to shore up SF O-line a lot. Simply put, good trench players may their teammates look better. Look at what a healthy Alan Faneca did for Pittsburgh this year after their horrible 2003 season. I'm not saying one lineman can single-handedly change the outlook of an O-line, but it can be a serious help. Jon Jansen of the Redskin's can single-handedly improve that line in 2005 as well.

I'm hoping that the hiring of George Warhop will help a lot, too. He should drastically speed up the development of Kwame Harris. That being said, I still wouldn't mind signing Walter Jones. ;-D
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:59 pm

Demented Avenger wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:The return of pro-bowl center Jeremy Newberry should help to shore up SF O-line a lot. Simply put, good trench players may their teammates look better. Look at what a healthy Alan Faneca did for Pittsburgh this year after their horrible 2003 season. I'm not saying one lineman can single-handedly change the outlook of an O-line, but it can be a serious help. Jon Jansen of the Redskin's can single-handedly improve that line in 2005 as well.

I'm hoping that the hiring of George Warhop will help a lot, too. He should drastically speed up the development of Kwame Harris. That being said, I still wouldn't mind signing Walter Jones. ;-D
Newberry is an All Pro/Pro Bowler when healthy so his loss was absolutely huge this year. I think Kwame will be better when Newberry and the rest of that line is healthy.

Warhop, from what I've read, should be the best coach we've had at that position since Bob McKittrick. They seem to be making some nice coaching selections.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk