Droughns permission to seek trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Droughns permission to seek trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Droughns permission to seek trade

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:18 pm

I have no article and am not completley sure of this but on the end of NFL live they said something about Shanny has given Droughns the privelege to seek a trade

Any further news?
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:20 pm

was mike golic on it?? he's my neighbor and a normal host. he has a nice hummer that I sleep in sometimes.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:15 pm

Here's the link from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1969743

To me I think Droughns is going to be a sucker play for whoever wants him. Many backs have pounded out the yardage in Denver but Droughns isn't even that fast and he really couldn't find the endzone very well.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:19 pm

Azrael wrote:Here's the link from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1969743

To me I think Droughns is going to be a sucker play for whoever wants him. Many backs have pounded out the yardage in Denver but Droughns isn't even that fast and he really couldn't find the endzone very well.

I bet other teams know this as well, this is why I don't think Blaylock will fetch much either.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:23 pm

Well Blaylock and Droughns are almost completley oposite backs in my mind.

Blaylock I think will be a solid backup wherever he ends up I doubt he will be an effective starter. Blaylock has more of the elusive speed and outside runner.

Droughns I feel should land a job as a short yardage type of back he runs the smashmouth ill run over you not around you type football which he could prove to be a solid short yardage back to counter maybe a smaller starting back.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby steelyeri » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:50 pm

Don't these denver running backs get it? It's the system? Just ask Portis.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Evolution » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Blaylock can be an ok spell back somewhere, but not a starter.

Droughns.... he will be the next Stacey Mack.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:34 pm

ljthockey wrote:Well Blaylock and Droughns are almost completley oposite backs in my mind.

Blaylock I think will be a solid backup wherever he ends up I doubt he will be an effective starter. Blaylock has more of the elusive speed and outside runner.

Droughns I feel should land a job as a short yardage type of back he runs the smashmouth ill run over you not around you type football which he could prove to be a solid short yardage back to counter maybe a smaller starting back.

You know what I mean though, neither of them is cut out to be a starter in the NFL. I doubt either of them would get any run if it was not for their o-lines.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:11 pm

steelyeri wrote:Don't these denver running backs get it? It's the system? Just ask Portis.

I don't think Portis is the best example to use. All things considered, Portis didn't have a bad year. Now, if you had said Olandis Gary...that's different. Though, I do see your point. Droughns will probably be stuck behind Tatum Bell if he stays put, so I can see why he would want to leave Denver behind. I just don't see him having equal success on another team. At least, not a team than actually needs an RB.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:14 pm

man....there are a ton of rbs floating around this offseason. im really excited to see where everybody ends up
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk