Droughns permission to seek trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Droughns permission to seek trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:56 pm

I dunno, from what I saw, on a whole lot of Blaylock's TD runs he was initially stopped well short of the goalline and was still able to get in. Something I've never seen out of a certain feature RB out there that put up 20 TD's this year...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:00 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I dunno, from what I saw, on a whole lot of Blaylock's TD runs he was initially stopped well short of the goalline and was still able to get in. Something I've never seen out of a certain feature RB out there that put up 20 TD's this year...

Agreed. I saw quite a few of Blaylock's touchowns come up short. Seems both Priest and LJ had a lot more success near the goalline.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:02 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I dunno, from what I saw, on a whole lot of Blaylock's TD runs he was initially stopped well short of the goalline and was still able to get in. Something I've never seen out of a certain feature RB out there that put up 20 TD's this year...

Blaylock does have a nose for the endzone but he definalty needs and offensive line out of his 539 yards the majority came when he ran up the middle (205) yards. And we know Blaylock isnt a smashmouth type runner and doesent have the big size so you could credit alot of his succes to the fantastic KC line.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:12 pm

ljthockey wrote:Yeah I watched every chief game this year and I also noticed how when blocking would break down Blaylock would break down. Larry was like that at the begging of the year but he progressed. Like said before Blaylock could be a nice spell back.

Droughns on the other hand I think will make a team as a starting back but wont have much success.

i agree totally. blaylock didnt look to have as much talent as johnson IMO.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:15 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
ljthockey wrote:Yeah I watched every chief game this year and I also noticed how when blocking would break down Blaylock would break down. Larry was like that at the begging of the year but he progressed. Like said before Blaylock could be a nice spell back.

Droughns on the other hand I think will make a team as a starting back but wont have much success.

i agree totally. blaylock didnt look to have as much talent as johnson IMO.

I agree with you guys. LJ looks to have more talent while Blaylock looks like a guy who is benifiting majorly from the good offensive line. He just reminds me of a Lamar Gordon type.
-Decent back when he has a good line. Sub-par with anything else
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:28 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
steelyeri wrote:Don't these denver running backs get it? It's the system? Just ask Portis.

I don't think Portis is the best example to use. All things considered, Portis didn't have a bad year. Now, if you had said Olandis Gary...that's different.

Portis had 3.8 yards per carry this year. Both years in Denver he had 5.5, that's a 1.7 yard per carry drop off. No question about it, Portis had a bad year.

Consider that the only starters that averaged less than Portis in the NFC were guys who shouldn't be starting and might retire (George and Smith) oh and Kevin Barlow, but being on the worst team will do that. 4th worst ypc in the NFL for starter is definitely a bad year for any RB.

It kinda hurts when you QB passes for less than 100 yards in every other game wouldn't you say? I would say Portis did a pretty good job breaking even 3.0 ypc in that horribly dysfunctional offense.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:32 pm

Thank god someone else other than me thinks that Priest has nowhere near the amount of game he is credited with.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:35 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

Thank god someone else other than me thinks that Priest has nowhere near the amount of game he is credited with.

Haha not going to go into a Priest argument cause im probally blinded by my homerism.

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:45 pm

id be very interested to see how holmes did behind a different line. not saying he wouldnt be good...but id just like to see how much his numbers would drop.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:22 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:id be very interested to see how holmes did behind a different line. not saying he wouldnt be good...but id just like to see how much his numbers would drop.

Well he was studly behind your line up in Baltimore :-t

The Chiefs have overlooked some studs as well Rich Gannon, Joe Horn

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk