Direct Snap to Edgerrin James? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Direct Snap to Edgerrin James?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:40 pm

I was definately a sweet play, but not something I haven't seen other teams do as well this year.
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:22 pm

i've seen plays like that run a few times this year. My favorite was this week when Mike Vick motioned himself to WR and Warrick Dunn got the snap and tried throwing a screen to Vick. It didn't work, but i had never imagined that you could motion a QB.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:16 am

they ran the exact same play earlier this year. it was in the monday night week 9 game against the vikings (i just was watching some video from earlier this year) the commentators went crazy about how ingenious it was for like 5 minutes.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:17 am

deluxe_247 wrote:the commentators went crazy about how ingenious it was for like 5 minutes.

Don't the commentators do that every Sunday night about something? ;-)
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:49 am

We have all seen this play a hundred times before. What made it so deceiving when the Colts did it is that Manning does that audible stuff all the time so you really don't get set until he gets back under center.

It is a lame trick play that usually goes for a yard or two. Manning faking his audible got it out to like a six or seven yard gain.

It could have been huge against another team and I bet it could still work next year, but not against the Patriots.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:05 am

I think it was a pretty good call..Something I wasn't expecting. Too bad it didn't work though. I would be curious if somehow that penalty doesn't get called in Indianapolis.

It sure looked like the Colts were upset about it though. That was about the most creative play they called all day.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting