Pittsburgh vs. New England - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pittsburgh vs. New England

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pittsburgh vs. New England

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:54 pm

Just to give us another topic to talk about.

I see Pittsburg winning this game close ......Big Ben will not be the factor in this game it will be the running show while New Englands D cant handle the pounding.

Ljthockeys prediction

Pittsburg 17- New England 10
Last edited by ljthockey on Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:04 pm

I like the Patriots in this match up. They have Brady at the helm of their offense who cannot be stopped come January. The New England defense will make Big Ben and the Steelers turn into a pass first, run second offense instead of their normal pound the ball up the gut offense.

Patriots 27
Steelers 14
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:36 am

this is slightly biased based on my Steelie-senses, but my figure is Steelers come out fast, throwing a few deep balls to throw off Bill and try and beat the NE secondary (and letting Ben get comfortable early). At least one of these works, maybe two, and the Steeler's early lead lets them continue to bash the Bus and Duce all day long. Meanwhile, the Steelers D lets Brady do his thing, but tightens down in the red zone. Similar to last game. Final score,

Steelers 24
Patriots 13
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby petedog9 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:31 pm

That New England Band wagon is filling up FAST!! Last week the Pats were supposed to lose to the Colts and nobody was jocking them. This week they are one the best teams EVER????

I am not really concerned about the Pats shuuting down the Steelers running game. WHen they met on Halloween the Steelers ruhed for 221 yards compared to New Englands 5. Yeah I know no Dillon. But the Pats front 7 was intact when they gave up that 221 and this time they may not have Seymour. I love the fact that the Steelers are the dog in this game. Its plays right into their hands. 16-1 on the season and absolutely drubbed the Pats a few months back and still nobody is giving them a shot. Bottom line is the game has to be played and the Steelers are at home which means the crowd is gonna be a factor. Go ahead and make your superbowl plans now Pats fans but just make sure you can get a refund come Sunday.............
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:54 pm

I love that post petedog. How fickle people are from week to week. I can't believe how much importance people place on the prior week's performance, as opposed to what a team has done all year, when it comes to assessing what they'll do the next week. The national media is a huge proponent of just fabricating reasons why certain things should happen in sports until it becomes an epidemic and everyone starts buying into these dissolutions.

e.g. 1. A bubble Minnesota team goes into Green Bay and upsets them. The next week half the national media is picking them to dump the Eagles? Gimme a break.

2. The Colts blowout a mediocre Denver team in the wildcard round, and all of a sudden, it's "how in the world will the Patriots stop them"? Really? Um, how about watching game tape of about the last 3 or 4 times they played. Honestly, at the beginning of the week the Colts are dogs by 2.5 pts; but by Sunday morning, the media has talked them into 1pt favorites (I realize this has to do with betting, not necessarily what the national thought is, but you understand). It was the 1,000 yard club vs. the rag-tag secondary. I didn't know there were only 3 guys on each team.

3. Now it's the "playoff football Patriots are back; they have the experience; Brady's a 2 time SB Champ; Belichick just can't lose to the same team twice; and of course they didn't have Dillon either; Cowher isn't very good at winning at home in the AFC Championship; the rookie QB will get confused" and blah, blah, blah, the Pats are a 3pt favorite.

Where was all this last week? You didn't hear a sniff of "Colts are a finesse team; they stink outside; Manning can't beat the Pats; Belichick is a way better coach than Dungy; 0-6 at Foxboro" Where was all that stuff?

Thanks national media, with last week's crappy performance out of the way and that 3pt chip you put on our shoulders, I like our chances just fine.

Honestly folks, this newfound Patriot whirlwind is because of one reason only no matter how much you spin it; Roethlisberger's play last week. That's it entirely. Here's what I mean. You keep both teams the same and switch QBs and I have no doubt the Steelers are a double digit fave to win this thing. There are no 2 other people you switch from either side that would create a spread differential like that.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Lung » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:23 pm

ljthockey, an "Eagle Eye" such as yourself should notice that the city in Pennsylvania where the Steelers come from is spelled Pittsburgh with an 'h.'

There are towns spelled Pittsburg (without an 'h') but they are located in California, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, and Texas.

;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby ljthockey » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:56 pm

The Lung wrote:ljthockey, an "Eagle Eye" such as yourself should notice that the city in Pennsylvania where the Steelers come from is spelled Pittsburgh with an 'h.'

There are towns spelled Pittsburg (without an 'h') but they are located in California, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, and Texas.

;-D

Aww my mistake I new it had an h I guess I just didnt catch it. Ill see if I can edit it.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:01 pm

The Lung wrote:ljthockey, an "Eagle Eye" such as yourself should notice that the city in Pennsylvania where the Steelers come from is spelled Pittsburgh with an 'h.'

;-D

you should start bashing me. everyone knows how fast I type here at teh cafe,a nd how many spellign errors I make.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:07 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:

;-D

you should start bashing me. everyone knows how fast I type here at teh cafe,a nd how many spellign errors I make.

3 just in those 2 sentences not counting that you didn't start the sentences with capital letters.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:09 pm

Look it up: I said all along that the Pats would beat the Colts. I said Brown could cover Stokely, I said I'd rather have Dillon over Edge, and I thought Manning couldn't cut it.

I think the Steelers will try to throw the ball and beat the Pats' weak secondary. They will try to get an early lead, calm Ben down, then pound the ball, tiring down the defense. I don't think it will work.

Brady will move the ball on the Stealers defense. Dillon won't have a great game, but a productive one, if only he's a threat.

Cowher will make at least one horribly boneheaded decision.

Pats will win, 27-17.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk