Conference Championships - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Conference Championships

Moderator: Football Moderators

Conference Championships

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:09 am

PHILADELPHIA 5 Atlanta o/u 40.5
New England 3 PITTSBURGH o/u 36

NE the favourite on the road - that's respect.

dave416 Atl/Phil over 40.5 x
Mookie NE -3 $
Lush NE/Pitt NE -3 $
Tyr NE -3 $
CC Atl/Phi over 40.5 x
Evolution Atl/Phi over 40.5 x
J2thez NE -3 $
Mustangs NE-3 $
Turnip Philly -5 $
GLG NE -3 $
Mercer Pitt/NE under 36 x

Week's results: 7-4
Last edited by Mookie4ever_ffc on Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dave416 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:42 am

1-1 playoffs so far.

Ill take Atl/Phila over 40.5 this week.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Re: Conference Championships

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:44 am

Mookie4ever wrote:PHILADELPHIA 5 Atlanta o/u 40.5

I would say it is well deserved respect too. Their gameplan against Indy was beautiful. ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Conference Championships

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:10 am

Lushcrush wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:PHILADELPHIA 5 Atlanta o/u 40.5

I would say it is well deserved respect too. Their gameplan against Indy was beautiful. ;-D

I agree but I have never been on the Indy bandwagon. Their offense is great but their D was severely overrated.

I also agree that the respect against the Steelers is deserved. I think that the Pats' D will show that the QB really is a rookie. They can't just pound it up the middle every play like they did against the Jets. Good linebackers like Bruschi and McGinest will close those holes up fast and Ben will have to air it out sometimes.

The few mistakes that the Steelers offense makes will decide this game. The weather and the homefield advantage will be negligible against this veteran team from New England.

I don't know about you guys but my MVP this year is Troy Brown. He has gone from a 100 catch 1,000 yard receiver to shutdown cornerback (ok, maybe not shutdown but he has certainly not embarrased himself). Most Valuable to his team that's for sure.

I am looking forward to the Rodney Harrison/Hines Ward matchup. That will be special. Trouble is that Harrison will get help and will win this battle.

I will take NE and give up the 3 points.

2 great teams, 2 great coaches, this is the Superbowl for me.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:16 am

Good points Mook ... but you also have to figure the Pittsburg D into the equation. There will be some hittin goin on BIGTIME out there Sunday.
Add it all up and I'm liking the UNDER Sunday ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:26 am

Lushcrush wrote:Good points Mook ... but you also have to figure the Pittsburg D into the equation. There will be some hittin goin on BIGTIME out there Sunday.
Add it all up and I'm liking the UNDER Sunday ... ;-D

I did not overlook them but I guess that I should give them their due as well. The Steelers D is awesome. Given the injuries in the NE secondary I can probably say that man for man they are more talented than the Pats D.

However, the NE offense is better than the Pitt offense in every single skill position QB, WR (NE has them on depth), RB and TE. Pitt has a better O-line but I am betting on the NE linebackers to stop the running game and Ben to make some mistakes in the passing game.

I also have the sense that the Pats work more as a unit and have better coaching. The Steelers weapons are pretty clear: pound it up the middle with Bettis, quick outs to Ward and the occasional bomb to Plax or Randel El. The passing game was pretty much abandoned against the Jets though and Ben was shaky. It is much harder to plan a scheme to stop the Pats who have too many weapons working too well right now IMO.

The under is tempting but there may be some defensive scoring and the Pats offense is a machine and will almost certainly get 20+ points.

Still liking the Pats -3.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Tyr » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:41 pm

NEP -3 is my lock. (putting about 5 units on this one)

I also like the Under on the NEP/Pitts game (2 units), and I like Philly -5 (2 units) a lot.

I'm tempted to put a unit on the Over on the Philly/Atl game.. but I haven't placed a single bet on Atlanta scoring points this year, and I'm not sure if I want to start now.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:25 pm

I like the over on the Philly/Atlanta game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:56 am

Well, since I'm going away for the weekend I have to make my lock now.

Like CC, I'm liking the over of 40.5 on Philly-Atlanta.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:34 pm

I'll take NE -3 over Pitt

Seems like a decent lock to me
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk