Please explain something to me! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Please explain something to me!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please explain something to me!

Postby packattack70 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:38 pm

I'm only now calming down from the lack of "Management" of my league. I was teh Commish for 8 years and gave up the reigns a few years ago so focus on my team, and it seems like the running of the league has been downhill ever since. Here's what happened that capped it all off:
I'm in the Title game and am possibly looking for a #RB due to players taking the week off (Week 17). I have Jesse Chatman, and Ladell betts was available. Suddenly as soon as the wire opened up on Tuesday morning, a guy who LOST in the semi final game picked up Betts! I stated this was wrong, but the new commish said there was no precedent so let him keep him! I'm I way out of line for yelling at the of my lungs about this? There have a been a lot of "odd" decision made like this, and this one just topped off my season...not to mention I had to play Chatman, which I was happy about until the moron decided not to suit up in a game he would have started!

Talk to me!
packattack70
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:45 pm

I'm sure the semifinal player was trying to hurt the championship players but there's no reason it shouldn't be allowed. Is it just a single-year league? You would have an argument of at least etiquette there but in a keeper or dynasty you wouldn't.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:47 pm

there is nothign wrong with him lettign soemone else pick him up. even though they aren't palying it anymore, they have the right to screw otehrs up, thats how FF works. this belogns in the leftovers by the way.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:57 am

I think you have a beef here, but I don't think you can make that type of rule change during the playoffs if there is no precedent.

In my one keeper league that I have been in 10 full seasons now, we lock the rosters once the playoffs start. You get hurt if your players are injured or don't play, but then again you can't pick up people to mess up other teams. I was really hurt this year in it having McCardell, Priest, and Blaylock all out and not having people to replace them with, but somehow made it through it. We had roster requirements by position so that made it more difficult. Didn't just have a bench of 5-6 players.

If you are still upset about it, I would suggest you recommend a rule change and put it to league vote for next year. That way something like this may never happen again if the league members agree that a change should be made.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:13 am

The only thing I see wrong with that is that it could leave open room for collusion. Is the guy picking up Betts a friend of any of the finalists?

But that said, I can't feel any sympathy for you because if you are going to play your championship game on week 17 you are asking back-ups to decide things for you. That is what should be changed, IMO.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:28 pm

moochman wrote:The only thing I see wrong with that is that it could leave open room for collusion. Is the guy picking up Betts a friend of any of the finalists?

But that said, I can't feel any sympathy for you because if you are going to play your championship game on week 17 you are asking back-ups to decide things for you. That is what should be changed, IMO.

yeah, week 16 playoffs are a whole lot better than week 17 playofs
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:09 pm

Just given one simple paragraph about this league, it's all too clear you've got massive issues. You couldn't pay me to play in that .
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:28 am

awwchrist wrote:Just given one simple paragraph about this league, it's all too clear you've got massive issues. You couldn't pay me to play in that .

You could pay me to play in just about any league.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk