Heimderdinger to Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Heimderdinger to Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Heimderdinger to Jets

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:07 pm

Big change from Hackett. This should be great for the Jets. A more vertical offense will allow Chad, Moss and McCareins to make plays, and now have to watch McCareins since he knows the system already. Still big focus on running game too. Interesting...
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:37 pm

Link?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:39 pm

joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:43 pm

Interesting read...I have to wonder if this makes Santana Moss and McCareins better players in a keeper league or not.

This is sure to affect them. Could they benefit and Martin downgraded some?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:49 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Interesting read...I have to wonder if this makes Santana Moss and McCareins better players in a keeper league or not.

A lot will depend on how they fare at RB next season. I realize that Martin had a stellar year, but it's unlikely LaMont Jordan will be back to share the load. With Martin turning 32 and no Jordan, the Jets offense should indeed look a lot different. Hopefully, Moss and McCarenis can take advantage. I think they will. Penny seems to want the responsibility and should be able to take the next step.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:23 am

Actually, I think the running game will still fair well. Jordan gets resigned, and Martin gets traded for a pick. (As much as I love Martin, he's way too old, and got used way too much. The Jets need to go with the younger guy).

However, in a more vertical offense, the running back may not matter as much as Moss/McCairens.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Heimie

Postby Daddymike59 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:23 am

On the other hand, how will it affect the Titans and Mason/Bennett? Brown shouldn't be affected as much as the wr corps. I guess it just depend on who replaces him but I think Fisher will keep the same style offense if he can.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JimmyChoi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:48 pm

McCarreins did very well under him in TN.....his stock will increase greatly.....

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Interesting read...I have to wonder if this makes Santana Moss and McCareins better players in a keeper league or not.

JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk