The 2005 RBTN Fantasy Football Awards - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The 2005 RBTN Fantasy Football Awards

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jjigglers » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:43 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:in my mind, brees was w/o a doubt the comeback player of the year. He went from nowhere to huge this season.

i agree with everyone else. you have to come back to where you were at one time, not get there for the first time.

brees wins the GetThere award, not the comeback. but since there isnt a GetThere, he gets put in the running for breakout or most improved and gets shafted because other people qualify better there.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MCG321 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:01 pm

I agree with most of those awards.

I also agree with the complaints about comeback player. If you were never good, what are you technically "coming back" to?

I'd look at someone who was a good a couple years ago, played poorly, then rocked this year. For example, Emmitt Smith went from a 250-yard season to a 900-yard season, with 7 more TDs. Although I'd prefer to pick a player who wasn't injured the year before, the increase in numbers is what I'm talking about (since we all know Emmitt used to put up great numbers). If Emmitt had been healthy last season, I would say he's the comeback player...but he wasn't so I guess I don't have a solid nominee.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk