The gloves are COMING OFF!!!

:-D
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Warning to the Patriots!

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:28 pm

davus wrote:The gloves are COMING OFF!!!

Won't help his bad thumb, though... ;-)
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Warning to the Patriots!

Postby davus » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:15 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
davus wrote:The gloves are COMING OFF!!!

Won't help his bad thumb, though... ;-)

:-o

davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:42 am

still not too worried. The picks he threw were bad reads, not over or underthrown balls. Gloves arent going to change that.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby davus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:09 am

portisfan24 wrote:still not too worried. The picks he threw were bad reads, not over or underthrown balls. Gloves arent going to change that.

I completely disagree. That second pick was overthrown by about 15 yards, it sailed over the receiver's head. He was throwing terrible balls all day long, and that was not consistent with his play during the season whatsoever.

That's fine. I hope Belicheck feels the same way you do and underestimates the Steelers. ;-D
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treat24 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:30 pm

davus wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:still not too worried. The picks he threw were bad reads, not over or underthrown balls. Gloves arent going to change that.

I completely disagree. That second pick was overthrown by about 15 yards, it sailed over the receiver's head. He was throwing terrible balls all day long, and that was not consistent with his play during the season whatsoever.

That's fine. I hope Belicheck feels the same way you do and underestimates the Steelers. ;-D

i agree, i like the pats... i'm a vikes fan but i had a pats love when bledsoe/martin/glenn were there...

but those INT's were not completely bad reads... the thumb injury clearly affected his game... healthy thumb or not... i still think belicek will reak havoc on ben and cory dillon will show the steelers why they were able to win the first game... pitt can't run 49 times and control the clock when dillon is running for 100+
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:59 pm

davus wrote:

Yeah, and it isn't easy to overthrow Plaxico Burress by half a mile. Pats fans don't be surprised if Big Ben plays like he played earlier in the season--good. Should be a close game.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby davus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:21 pm

treat24 wrote:
davus wrote:

i agree, i like the pats... i'm a vikes fan but i had a pats love when bledsoe/martin/glenn were there...

but those INT's were not completely bad reads... the thumb injury clearly affected his game... healthy thumb or not... i still think belicek will reak havoc on ben and cory dillon will show the steelers why they were able to win the first game... pitt can't run 49 times and control the clock when dillon is running for 100+

Sorry. Dillon will not get 100+ yards. You think all of a sudden the #1 rush defense is going to get soft? The Pats do not have a huge line, the Steelers are stronger on both sides of the ball. Going toe-to-toe with us on the ground is the exact recipe for a bigtime Patriots loss.

The Steelers rushed for 200 yards on the Pats last time, the Pats didn't even try to run the ball but 5 times.

Fact - The Patriots know that Cowher is going to run the ball again and again and again with The Bus and they still will not be able to stop him.

They will be forced to put 8 in the box and open up good single-coverage matchups for Plax, Ward and Randle El. The Steelers will only pass when neccessary (which won't be often) and when Ben see's a prime opportunity.

Fact - Much like every other team that has tried, including the Jets who have a better running game, the Pats will not be able to run effectively on the Steelers. Stopping the run is what they do.

I don't know who I will win, but I do know that this is going to be a great game! I also know that you guys are making something out of nothing with all the talk about the thumb. Pittsburgh and Ben himself both say that there is nothing wrong with the thumb and that he has had no medical attention for it. Keep focusing on the thumb and ignore the game, just more of a chance for the Steelers to win. ;-D
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:58 pm

In my mind, I don't think takign off the gloves will make much of a difference. But I'm praying that they will make a huge difference, for the positive. :-o
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LT Blue Colt » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:42 pm

Yeah you would think a bad thumb would be a huge factor to a QB. But, I remeber Jake Delhomme having a bad thumb a couple games after mid-season, and kicking some serious butt. So, I guess we'll just have to see.

But I agree with a lot of you, think game sure is adding up in intensity. This could be close. :-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting