Snow will probably not be a factor the Atl/Phila game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Snow will probably not be a factor the Atl/Phila game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Snow will probably not be a factor the Atl/Phila game

Postby dave416 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:20 pm

From nbc10.com:

EarthWatch Update Glenn Schwartz, 4:45 p.m. Friday

It is going to be a messy, nasty weekend around the Delaware Valley -- especially on Saturday when we are expecting a major snowstorm.

The National Weather Service on Friday had most of the NBC 10 viewing area under a winter storm warning.

By midmorning Saturday, around 8 or 9 a.m., a light snow will start to fall in a band around the Philadelphia area. By noon, it will be snowing everywhere.

Around 2 p.m. the snow will be falling at a rate of 1 to 2 inches an hour and by 6 p.m. we should all between 8 and 14 inches of snow on the ground for most of area. Some spots in the warning area could get even more snow.

Areas close to the shore will get less snow, from 5 to 8 inches.

By nighttime Saturday, temperatures were expected to drop into the teens, with the wind chill making it feel like it's around 0 degrees

The snow will start to taper off Saturday night around 9 p.m., and wind gusts could blow the snow around and hamper visibility.

Some wind gusts could get up to 40 miles an hour, even during the Eagles game on Sunday afternoon.

Drivers should be extremely careful because there will be dangerous conditions on the roads and at many times, you won't even be able to see the car in front of you.

Sunday morning there will still be some snow in the outlying regions of our viewing area.

Still looks like the wind will be a major player in this game, however.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:31 pm

I live near philly, and it WILL be a factor. Don't think that they're gonna clear off the fields before the game, THIS IS FILLY WERE TALKIN
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:41 pm

Wind is the bigger key either way.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TTTBone » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:59 pm

Take the Under...

In both games. ;-D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:43 pm

I know that if the temperatures are in the teens, the wind chills are going to feel a little less than 0. That should be a pretty big factor for the Falcons who play indoors and down south.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:46 pm

Yeah it's all about the wind. Both these teams can rush and pass the football in snow, but in 25 mile per hour, negative wind chill, swirling winds it's not easy to do anything, especially pass the football. But good news for Eagles fans: Jon Runyan is playing, so they should be able to rush the football okay and protect McNabb.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:48 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:I know that if the temperatures are in the teens, the wind chills are going to feel a little less than 0. That should be a pretty big factor for the Falcons who play indoors and down south.

No kidding, the temperature must've dropped about 20 degrees in Philly the past 2 days. I'm freezing when I go outside even with my skiing jacket on. They better have lots of heaters available on sunday or there will be a contreversy about it from at least one if not both teams.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dave416 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:58 am

The field has several heaters under the fieldturf and is supposed to have on of the better drainage systems in the league, so maybe light snow wouldnt cause any problems anyway. If these heaters are as good as I hear, the players will be itching to get tackled ;-) .
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:16 am

I live about equa-distance between Pittsburgh and Philly and if they get anything close to what we are getting here now,snow(field conditions) could/will be a factor.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk