Coach Carter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Coach Carter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:16 pm

Canacuna wrote:Yeah, Hoosiers was OK, I guess... ;-7

"Hoop Dreams" was a really good documentary. Followed two d00ds who aspired to be basketball stars for five years - through high school and their first year of college, methinks. Definitely worth checking out. ;-D

For some reason, I still haven't checked out "Rebound"... gotta do that sometime.

I can't find either of them at my local Blockbuster, I saw some clips of Don Cheadle as Earl Manigault in "Rebound" and it looked pretty sweet.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:42 pm

Coach Carter was pretty sweet. I had fun yelling at the guy to kick his pregnant girlfriend down the stairs. yes, I am indeed going to hell.

As for the actual movie, it was good. Not "tell all yours friends and buy it as soon as it comes out" good, but definately worth seeing in theatre.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:49 pm

I NEED to get around to seeing Hoop Dreams. People have been praising it for years, and I've never got around to seeing it.

I'll probably be snowed in tomorrow, so maybe it's about that time.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk