My rant about electronic sales (long) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My rant about electronic sales (long)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:21 pm

im another person that doesnt care for circuit city. i swear that if i go into the more expensive areas (tvs, computers) there are guys vulturing you annoyingly, but if you are anywhere else , it seems like no ones wants to help you. i agree about the lack of checkers in the check-out areas also. half the time i walk around trying to find someone to check me out. also they suck when it comes to returning things. they actually charge you a frikin 15% "re-stocking fee" when you return something, even if its still in the package unopened. im like "let me walk over to the shelf and put it back for you and give me my 15% you lazy, money hungry idiots!!"

as to your situation awww...rediculous. those guys will say and do anything to try to bank on your hard earned cash for their commision. i cant stand people who vulture me. if i am going to make a major purchase and feel pressured, i just walk out. most the time i know what i want and ill buy it without their speels, and if i want help,or have a question about something, ill ask for it.

good to see you stood up for yourself and talked some smack...those guys need to be put in their place. im sure that dude preyed on a lot of unsuspecting customers before you and its good to give him the ol' reality check!

PROPS! ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:28 pm

SeaWolf wrote:Let me get this straight. I do believe you live in Washington State, that has a sales tax, and drove into Oregon, that has an income tax, and did your major purchase there. Saved yourself even some more money. ;-D

oh dude 7% adds up. Especially when you're talking a grand. Although it's only a 10 minute drive to janzen beach area (compusa,circuit city) or airport way (good guys/best buy) so it's not that much of a hassle. I'm literally a spitshot from the washingon/oregon boarder.

If gas wasn't so expensive I'd prolly run into JB and buy groceries too. But then laziness sets in as well. hehe
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:35 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
Canacuna wrote:...I have a $20 gift certificate for CC that I got for Christmas... I'm dreading the trip. :-o

So, you've got a $20 gift certificate for Canadian Cheesehead?
It's understandable why you're dreading that trip. :-b

So many inapproprite jokes ahead, thanks TTT.

Yeah ... it looks like the Cafe Picnic thread established that CC is easy, and this one verifies he's cheap too ;-)
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:37 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
Canacuna wrote:...I have a $20 gift certificate for CC that I got for Christmas... I'm dreading the trip. :-o

So, you've got a $20 gift certificate for Canadian Cheesehead?
It's understandable why you're dreading that trip. :-b

So many inapproprite jokes ahead, thanks TTT.

Yeah ... it looks like the Cafe Picnic thread established that CC is easy, and this one verifies he's cheap too ;-)

LOL, damn I was hoping no one would remember that. :-b
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:32 pm

Canacuna wrote:I don't like Circuit City much either. Their selection for non-new movies leaves a be desired (mine only carries about two or three copies of the same DVD, for example). It's a rarity if they carry a CD that I want... They always seem to hire all of the people Best-Buy rejects... plus, their registers are all over the place instead of all at the front of the store... and whenever you want to buy something, you have to hunt down a register - and when you do, there's no one there. Argh.

...I have a $20 gift certificate for CC that I got for Christmas... I'm dreading the trip. :-o

I found a cool site called cardavenue.com where you can trade gift certificates for another one or you can sell you gift certificate, and get money back (say, sell it for $25)
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:01 pm

got the HD receiver/antenna...got it hooked up during the first quarter of the Iggles/ATL game.

Here's how it went down..

. o 0 (ok...got all the composite connections made...switching over from Fox standard 4:3 broadcast on input 4...alright there's the HD receiver...program the receiver...ohhhh golf on cbs, that's kinda pretty....changing to Fox HD channel....oh muh gawd..)

BTW I caught bucky using the same audio/video forum I troll. hehe small intarweb world.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:11 pm

so exactly what model of hdtv did you get and for how much? im shopping around for one right now too...curious as to what you liked
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:38 pm

I bought the 34 inch widescreen wega. "34hs420".

Common price 1300-1600. As previously mentioned purchased at CompUSA for 1100.

Plenty of connections in the back for anything. Picture's great, but that's also coming from a guy who's been watching a 42" rear projection 4:3 that should have had an in home maintence on it 3 years ago. It's color and definition is horrid.

This board is absolutely terrific for intelligent opinions and info. People are not shy about sharing their likes and dislikes. And there's plenty of threads for virtually every TV - component - media on the market today.

As for the receiver, I bought the cheap walmart US Digital to get me through the playoffs until I can figure out which HD service to do (comcast vs. Directv).

just do a search at walmart for "DB-2010"

No DVI connection but it was a breeze to connect and set up. 10 minutes tops. Component connections work just fine.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:15 pm

Just a question. When will everything go HD? It's gotta be in the next few years. I'm still using two TVs that I've had for a while. My 32 inch is almost 10 years old, and my 19 inch is 15 years old. I'll end up waiting until the day before I have to convert, and then go buy a new HDTV.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:28 pm

My family did a major overhaul on our entertainment system this year. After spending about 10 years with a 21' TV downstairs, my parents moved up to their attic and left their old room as the new home theatre.

My old man sprung for the 51' Sony Wega with the surround sound and such, so needless to say I was ecstatic.

However, we don't have HDTV yet and the cheapest I can find it for in my area is $800 for the receiver (plus $20 a month) from Cogeco. Anyone in the Southern Ontario region that knows of a better deal?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk