Adoption - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Adoption

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adoption

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:06 pm

My wife and I are talking about adopting a our second child. She has had two misscarriages, and the last one was not pretty at all. Bad experience all the way around. But anyway, we are thinking about a adopting a foregien born baby, since we don't want mom or dad to change thier minds two years from now, which can happen if you go domestic. Has anyone adopted a child, or knows someone who has adopted? I'm looking for some advice, or suggestions? Thanks!
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TTTBone » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:39 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Can't give you any first-person advice, but this sight looks to be a good starting point.
Good luck and best wishes.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:49 pm

one of my friends at work adopted a korean boy....they flew to korea to get him and everything. if you have any specific questions you would like me to ask him for you, just shoot me a PM or something ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Buckychudd » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:15 pm

I don't know a whole lot about it. But, like you said, there is an advantage of knowing that the mother can't change her mind. On the downside, I've heard it tends to be much more expensive.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:16 pm

TTTBone wrote:Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Can't give you any first-person advice, but this sight looks to be a good starting point.
Good luck and best wishes.

Thanks. ;-D

My wife found this site. http://www.babycenter.com/preconception/adopting/index

Lots of info there too.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:18 pm

Buckychudd wrote:I don't know a whole lot about it. But, like you said, there is an advantage of knowing that the mother can't change her mind. On the downside, I've heard it tends to be much more expensive.

My work will pay up 10,000 + my wife's work will pay up to 3,000, and the IRS will tax deduct up to 10,000. Thats 23,000. ;-D

Of course I need to come up with the money first, and then I get the other money.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:32 pm

That's great to hear you're doing that.

That takes a huge step of faith and commitment.

Kudos!!
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:34 pm

SeaWolf wrote:My work will pay up 10,000 + my wife's work will pay up to 3,000, and the IRS will tax deduct up to 10,000. Thats 23,000. ;-D

Of course I need to come up with the money first, and then I get the other money.

Sounds as if you and your wife have exceptional programs with your employers. ;-D
Only other advice I have is, take your time, do more research than you've ever done before, do whatever it takes (financially and otherwise), and then cherish the life you've been entrusted with.
Once again, best wishes.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:01 pm

Hmm well my family is a foster family, were probably all getting to old to actually adopt a kid so we take care of kids until they find a home for good. Ive seen just about every kind of kid, so if you have any kind of questions, shoot me a PM or something ;-D
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:10 pm

My dentist has adopted two babies from China. The first one worked out great, but the second baby is a bit tougher on them. You really have to make sure they were raised in a sterile place with a good reputation. My dentist's second kid has gotten really sick a couple of times, and has had trouble walking because the foster home kept them in roller things which didn't give them the opportunity to use their legs much.

I really don't know much about it, but just make sure you research the place you'll be adopting from.

Good luck! ;-D
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk