Rudi threatens.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Rudi threatens....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rudi threatens....

Postby Flux » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:08 pm

Rudi is threatening to sit out next season if we franchise him

rotoworld wrote:Rudi Johnson says he will sit out 2005 rather than play under a one-year "franchise" contract.

He wants a long-term deal to stay. While sitting out a season is highly improbable, Johnson is certainly forcing Marvin Lewis' hand. But with Chris Perry on the roster and so many backs available, Cincinnati may be unwilling to give him one. Johnson better be careful, because there are more quality running backs than starting jobs available this offseason.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dave416 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:29 pm

This just becomes a hassle to the team. I was afraid he might pull this, but was holding out hope that he wouldn't. Not signing him is a risk, but signing him to a long term deal could be a waste of the Perry pick. It will be interesting to see how Lewis handles it. The question is, would Lamont Jordan or Dominic Rhodes be able to legitimately fill the void if Johnson sits out?
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby DUKE » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:09 pm

I think it's a bluff, and if what they are wanting is too far from what Marvin thinks that he's worth then I say call him on it.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Flux » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:14 am

DUKE wrote:I think it's a bluff, and if what they are wanting is too far from what Marvin thinks that he's worth then I say call him on it.

I agree, Rudi really doesnt have a leg to stand on w/ all the FA RBs out there. There is no reason we should overpay him
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:17 pm

I just heard on some sports station that things are improving and stuff...that Rudi is getting off the "I'm going to sit out" funk and starting to get down and dirty with that long term contract he wants. I can't find a link yet but if I find one I'll post it.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:37 pm

Damn, and there was one right on NFL.com, I just spent so much time looking for one. :-°

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CIN/8185699

At least he doesn't sound so rash as some of those articles have mad him seem so far. I think he'll eventually come to his senses and sign the contract the Bengals want him to sign.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The_Steel_Curtain » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:54 pm

I think its a bluff but it sounds familar from when Corey Dillion was with the bengals last year.
[url=http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs17&d=05081&f=Steelers04.jpg]Image[/url]
The_Steel_Curtain
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Cincinnati Bengals