Graphic Designers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Graphic Designers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Graphic Designers

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:26 pm

There are lots of cool banners/logos made by many cafe regulars, which leads me to ask, are you guys who make them in the graphic design field?

The reason I ask, is because I will be attending college in the fall in Minnesota in a 12 month ($21,000) accredited program that will teach me all the major areas of graphic design (web development with HTML, design and color, Typography, drawing, comprehensive illustration, desktop publishing, electronic drawing, multimedia and anamation, electronic layout and design, web design for graphic designers) and wanted to get a "feel" for what the industry has to offer, etc.

Again, I just wanted to get a grasp on what short term and long term the industry has to offer me straight from the experiences of others in the field already.

I also should add I already have a BS degree in journalism from an accredited U of Wisconsin school.

Thanks!
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:49 pm

I don't have any design experience at all...in fact, I can't draw a lick freehanded! :-) I guess I just look at stuff, think it looks neat, and just go with it. Photoshop can really draw itself at times - especially when you have tutorials to follow. So, I'm not a very good person to ask. If I'm not mistaken, GP has some college experience in that field. Maybe he can give you some more info. Good luck! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:11 pm

All my creativity and artistic ability is wasted on my drumming. ;-D

But the program you signed up for sounds pretty comprehensive. Should be fun.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk