Vick in the Super Bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vick in the Super Bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jerzey jetz » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:19 pm

I was wrong with my game prediction (aren't we all). Vick is far from accurate. As he develops, he will go deeper in the post-season. What talent do the Falcons have to make it to the championship game? Or is it the brilliance of a rookie head coach? (Vick is obviously underated). I thought that he would single handidly beat the Eagles. He did not. It's very hard to beat a great team without any help, so I won't knock him for that. Why would someone that mobile be one of the most sacked QB's in the NFL? The Falcons will eventually surround him with some weapons.

How can you not root for such humble guy with supernatural talent?
jerzey jetz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:29 pm

jerzey jetz wrote:I was wrong with my game prediction (aren't we all). Vick is far from accurate. As he develops, he will go deeper in the post-season. What talent do the Falcons have to make it to the championship game? Or is it the brilliance of a rookie head coach? (Vick is obviously underated). I thought that he would single handidly beat the Eagles. He did not. It's very hard to beat a great team without any help, so I won't knock him for that. Why would someone that mobile be one of the most sacked QB's in the NFL? The Falcons will eventually surround him with some weapons.

How can you not root for such humble guy with supernatural talent?

He's obviously underrated, but you thought he'd singlehandedly beat the Eagles? Looks like you're guilty of overrating him.

And why does he get sacked so much? If you watched the game, you would've seen that he holds on to the ball way too long trying to do something with his legs. He should take some tips from Donovan - move around, but keep looking to throw. Without TO, Donovan's WRs aren't any better than the Falcons, but he manages to make throws instead of getting sacked. Vick has happy feet, and has to restrain himself from running at the first sight of pressure.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:13 am

jerzey jetz wrote:I was wrong with my game prediction (aren't we all). Vick is far from accurate. As he develops, he will go deeper in the post-season. What talent do the Falcons have to make it to the championship game? Or is it the brilliance of a rookie head coach? (Vick is obviously underated).

underrated? A guy with the 14th best QB rating in the NFC only (mind you there are only 16 teams in the NFC) makes the Pro Bowl (which only 3 NFC QBs made it to) and you think he's underrated?

Is anyone at all overrated according to your standards on what underrated is?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:51 am

Ironhorse75 wrote:So why DO people hate Vick so much? Is it a going against the grind type of thing? Is it him or the attention he attracts? Would it be the same if he wasn't talked about every time football is mentioned, had a massive contract, and had a legion of fans who think he is the best QB ever?

well for me it has nothing to do about "going against the grind".... i dont actually hate him, but i do hate they hype he gets. in my mind he is overrated. i get tired of hearing about what he will be..or about him not knowing the west coast offense. i wish people would wait until he actually does what everyone expects before we start calling him the greatest athelete in the nfl. he is an exciting player to watch for sure, but i dont consider him a great qb. sure, he does have rushing skills...but he lacks a lot of qualities of great qbs such as passing accuracy and good decision making.

listen, i know all you vick lovers are going to make your arguments ie: the falcons record is much better with vick, he led them to the playoffs, their record...etc....but it wont sway my opinion. i honestly like the guy..i hope everything start to click and he lives up to the hype...i just dont like hearing about how great he will be in the future. no offense ironhorse, i know you arent a bandwagoner...but i think you know the kinds of people i mean.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby irishclown » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:25 am

The Eagles will become the Buffalo Bills of the championship game. Where are all the Michael Vick haters? He'll be one of the last two QB's standing after today. Vick will end up with more rings than Brady when all said and done.......

Ok little fella, the bell just rang, recess is over, time to go fingetpaint. Come back to this forum in about 10-15 years ok little guy.

The only ring Vick will ever sport is on the day he says "I do"...
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:19 pm

irishclown wrote:
The Eagles will become the Buffalo Bills of the championship game. Where are all the Michael Vick haters? He'll be one of the last two QB's standing after today. Vick will end up with more rings than Brady when all said and done.......

Ok little fella, the bell just rang, recess is over, time to go fingetpaint. Come back to this forum in about 10-15 years ok little guy.

The only ring Vick will ever sport is on the day he says "I do"...

Oooooooh Burn haha thats great
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting