Moss talks confirmed by front office - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss talks confirmed by front office

Moderator: Football Moderators

Moss talks confirmed by front office

Postby cooleyhigh » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:23 pm

Vikings star receiver Randy Moss' days in Minnesota may very well be finished. A source confirmed that a Vikings official contacted Raiders owner Al Davis, who said he'd be interested in acquiring the enigmatic wideout. A front-office source said they'd likely accept "an impact defensive player and a first-round pick" for Moss, who is signed through 2008.

The Minnesota source said it's "more than likely going to get done, whether with the Raiders, the Redskins or the Ravens."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/38708.htm

Kerry Collins anyone??? Better yet, the Vikings take Mike Williams with the Raiders 1st rounder ;-D ;-D ;-D :-)
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:30 pm

Wow! That's definitly some big news. Although I can't blame the Vikes. Maybe they believe they need to focus on making themselves more of a team. Rather than having such individual outstanding players. I don't know. Very interesting though.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:40 pm

Aww please not the raiders that will make him face the chiefs secondary twice a year :-o
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:47 pm

up go Nate Burleson and Kerry Collins, down go Jerry Porter and Daunte Culpepper (only a little bit)
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:01 pm

Jerry Porter will probably be with a different team.. maybe the Vikings? Tee-hee.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:10 pm

ESPN's Chad Mortensen has confirmed. 60-40 chance.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:35 pm

Wow. I hope the reports of Lavar and a 1st rounder for Moss arent true.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:11 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:ESPN's Chad Mortensen has confirmed. 60-40 chance.

Is this guy related to Chris Mortensen? :-?

I would never think Moss leaves MIN, but if they really think he's holding the team back, more power to them. They do need a little help on defense (a little). Guess this is why the Vikes owner is looking to spend some money, eh? :-o

Moss going to any of those other teams would diminish his likability in the fantasy market...at least to me. Those other offenses aren't as finely tuned as Minnesota's.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:26 pm

Wow, this is very big news. Not sure if I'm ready to see Moss go, I don't think the WR corps are good enough yet. But Daunte really matured as a QB, and during the time Randy was out, he found out that there are other WR's on the team. I really think this is between the Ravens and Raiders, I doubt Minnesota will trade Moss to an NFC team, they won't want to see him in the playoffs. I think the Raiders will probably pull in Moss, seems like all the players with attitude problems go there. Hopefully the "impact defensive player" will be Phillip Buchannon. I doubt we will go WR in the 1st round, maybe get one later. I think it would be a good idea to package our 2 potential 1st round picks for a very high 1st-rounder and a second rounder, and then take Derrick Johnson in the 1st round.

If this goes through, things are going to be interesting in Minnesota....
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:34 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:Wow, this is very big news. Not sure if I'm ready to see Moss go, I don't think the WR corps are good enough yet. But Daunte really matured as a QB, and during the time Randy was out, he found out that there are other WR's on the team. I really think this is between the Ravens and Raiders, I doubt Minnesota will trade Moss to an NFC team, they won't want to see him in the playoffs. I think the Raiders will probably pull in Moss, seems like all the players with attitude problems go there. Hopefully the "impact defensive player" will be Phillip Buchannon. I doubt we will go WR in the 1st round, maybe get one later. I think it would be a good idea to package our 2 potential 1st round picks for a very high 1st-rounder and a second rounder, and then take Derrick Johnson in the 1st round.

If this goes through, things are going to be interesting in Minnesota....

the niners have a high first rounder ;) you want #1
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk