Moss talks confirmed by front office - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss talks confirmed by front office

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ljthockey » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:06 pm

Hmm if I were Kc id be willing to give up a first round this year a second round next year or a first round this year and one of our spectacular lineman.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:33 pm

Azrael wrote:Geez, not the freaking Raiders. What a damn wasteland. I'd love to see him go to the Chiefs, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Broncos, Chargers, Saints, etc.

Actually, I'm sure moss will do very well with the raiders. They averaged over 24 points per game in the second half of the year once collins got a grasp of the offense. They did that without anything remotely resembling a running game. The O-Line Played Extremely well despite injuries. They will surely pick up a #1 back this offseason and with moss they should put up big #'s.
The Defense on the other hand needs a lot of help, especially the front 7.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:35 pm

Having a defence that couldn't stop anyone didn't hurt Moss in Minny, why should it be any different in Oakland. I think Moss would be the perfect fit for Kerry Collins, Moss is great at running for the deep ball and the deep ball is all Kerry Collins can throw.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:51 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Having a defence that couldn't stop anyone didn't hurt Moss in Minny, why should it be any different in Oakland. I think Moss would be the perfect fit for Kerry Collins, Moss is great at running for the deep ball and the deep ball is all Kerry Collins can throw.

I agree. Collins and moss would make a great duo. One difference though would be that Al Davis doesn't mind spending money on his defense, unlike red. I don't see him doing well with the ravens. I think he would really go crazy with kyle boller under throwing him all year long.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:01 am

steelyeri wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Having a defence that couldn't stop anyone didn't hurt Moss in Minny, why should it be any different in Oakland. I think Moss would be the perfect fit for Kerry Collins, Moss is great at running for the deep ball and the deep ball is all Kerry Collins can throw.

I agree. Collins and moss would make a great duo. One difference though would be that Al Davis doesn't mind spending money on his defense, unlike red. I don't see him doing well with the ravens. I think he would really go crazy with kyle boller under throwing him all year long.

Yeah AL doesn't mind spending money. But his business choices have been dead ends for a long time now. First poor choice that pops into my mind is...that dallas cowboy that caught all those ints. in the superbowl some time ago. Signed him for 18 million+ and he was crap. Larry Brown?

This past season has proven how past his prime Al Davis is. Selecting and overpaying free agents with great careers behind them. Oh well i hope he learns his lesson.

As a Raider fan i want Randy to come over. He fits right in on a team filled with individuals who think of themselves very highly. Overappreciating their football value. Reality sucks and the Raiders sucked alot this season. Especially the defense. Phillip Buchanon is one of those guys with all the 10 karat diamond earings and phat chains. That has all the talent in the world. His character holds him back. Hopefully being in minnesota will calm him down...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:12 am

He wasn't crap for us... teams make a habit out of taking old Cowboys out of their prime, and being suprised when they bust (Deion, Emmitt, etc.). :-b

Anyways, your description of Al Davis reminded me of another owner in the NFL... can't remember his name though... hmm... :-P

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:36 am

That would be a great trade for the Raiders. The Vikings are ripe for picking as Dread McCombs is want to dump salary more than fis his team. That means a lower paid defender and a couple draft picks and that Raiders are healed. I would play hardball were I Oakland and see if the Vikes want to get rid of two troubled players and try to add O. Smith to the mix.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Demented Avenger » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:27 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I think it was really dumb of the Vikings front office to confirm this, its not as easy to sell your team to a prospective buyer when there is talk of the most talented WR in the history of the game being traded.

I'm not sure if Jerry has another season left in him. ;-)
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:55 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:How about the Packers? 2 1st round picks and Hannibal Navies wouldn't upset me.

It would me. Besides the unpleasant thought of actually having to root for Moss, I don't think the Pack has anybody on the defensive side that is enough of a stud to entice the Vikes to make the deal. Not to mention the Pack has enough defensive problems already without giving someone up.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:06 pm

We'd give up our first round pick and...oh impact defensive player? Um.. :-?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk