Moss talks confirmed by front office - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Moss talks confirmed by front office

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:51 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:How about the Packers? 2 1st round picks and Hannibal Navies wouldn't upset me.


It would me. Besides the unpleasant thought of actually having to root for Moss, I don't think the Pack has anybody on the defensive side that is enough of a stud to entice the Vikes to make the deal. Not to mention the Pack has enough defensive problems already without giving someone up.


Trading away Hannibal Navies is addition by subtraction.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:12 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:It would me. Besides the unpleasant thought of actually having to root for Moss, I don't think the Pack has anybody on the defensive side that is enough of a stud to entice the Vikes to make the deal. Not to mention the Pack has enough defensive problems already without giving someone up.


Can you honestly say you couldn't root for Moss if he was on your time. I know I would root for Ahman Green if he got traded to us.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1122
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A Vikings fan in Michigan

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:16 pm

Favre to Moss? Please. Packers fans would drool over that. It's what they would have to give up for a position they don't need help in that would make me mad if I were a Packers fan.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 668
Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Right behind you with a bucket of Gatorade

Postby steelyeri » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:58 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:
steelyeri wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Having a defence that couldn't stop anyone didn't hurt Moss in Minny, why should it be any different in Oakland. I think Moss would be the perfect fit for Kerry Collins, Moss is great at running for the deep ball and the deep ball is all Kerry Collins can throw.


I agree. Collins and moss would make a great duo. One difference though would be that Al Davis doesn't mind spending money on his defense, unlike red. I don't see him doing well with the ravens. I think he would really go crazy with kyle boller under throwing him all year long.


Yeah AL doesn't mind spending money. But his business choices have been dead ends for a long time now. First poor choice that pops into my mind is...that dallas cowboy that caught all those ints. in the superbowl some time ago. Signed him for 18 million+ and he was crap. Larry Brown?

This past season has proven how past his prime Al Davis is. Selecting and overpaying free agents with great careers behind them. Oh well i hope he learns his lesson.

As a Raider fan i want Randy to come over. He fits right in on a team filled with individuals who think of themselves very highly. Overappreciating their football value. Reality sucks and the Raiders sucked alot this season. Especially the defense. Phillip Buchanon is one of those guys with all the 10 karat diamond earings and phat chains. That has all the talent in the world. His character holds him back. Hopefully being in minnesota will calm him down...


I know that some of Al's moves haven't worked out but atleast he is trying. It's wors for teams with owners that don't give a da*n about the teams, just ask vikes fans. Another thing is that most people see the bad moves and don't appreciate some of the great moves al has made. Like this year he got Danny Clark and Marquez Anderson on the cheap and they came in and did great jobs. He also does a great job of finding talent in late round of the draft. See what Eric Barton did for the Jets and Derrick Coleman did for the Falcons this year. They improved those defenses dramatically this season. Al picked them both in the 5th round of the 1999 draft. They were both ungreatful and left at the first sign of trouble. Other examples would be Ronald Curry (7th), doug gabriel (5th), courtney anderson (7th) - you guys probably don't know about him but you will soon.
Image

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 506
Joined: 2 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: All up in you

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:27 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:It would me. Besides the unpleasant thought of actually having to root for Moss, I don't think the Pack has anybody on the defensive side that is enough of a stud to entice the Vikes to make the deal. Not to mention the Pack has enough defensive problems already without giving someone up.


Can you honestly say you couldn't root for Moss if he was on your time. I know I would root for Ahman Green if he got traded to us.


I wouldn't. I despise Moss.

And I never rooted for Deion when he came to Dallas. In fact, I mourned for weeks. Same with Ryan Leaf. If Clinton Portis (Was) or Jeremy Shockey (NYG) came to Dallas, I sure as Hell wouldn't root for them.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:31 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
Can you honestly say you couldn't root for Moss if he was on your time. I know I would root for Ahman Green if he got traded to us.


I don't dislike Moss because he's a Viking, I dislike him because he's a jerk. If he went to the Pack and did well, I would be happy for the Packers, but I still wouldn't care for him much (unless by some chance he cleaned up his act). It's the same with Packers Nick Barnett now, I am happy if he makes a big tackle but still don't like the guy personally and rather would see him somewhere else.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:56 pm

Azrael wrote:cooleyhigh, I was thinking the same thing. Best thing they could do is say, here's a first round pick, go draft yourselves and impact player.

I would love to see Burleson be the No. 1 next year. What a freaking steal that guy would be in fantasy drafts. He'd almost certainly be vaulted into a top 10 WR.


I'm thinking Burleson could be a top10 WR next year with or without Moss. Without Moss he sees a lot more targets. With Moss he sees a lot less coverage. It's a win/win for Burleson, love to get him in the 7th+ round next year.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:58 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:Wow! That's definitly some big news. Although I can't blame the Vikes. Maybe they believe they need to focus on making themselves more of a team. Rather than having such individual outstanding players. I don't know. Very interesting though.


Moss does more for that "team" than any other player. Political correctness doesn't win football games, just ask Barry Sanders.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:45 am

awwchrist wrote:We'd give up our first round pick and...oh impact defensive player? Um.. :-?


We already have a wackjob WR remember Koren????????
Image
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5422
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:34 am

steelyeri wrote:
I know that some of Al's moves haven't worked out but atleast he is trying. It's wors for teams with owners that don't give a da*n about the teams, just ask vikes fans. Another thing is that most people see the bad moves and don't appreciate some of the great moves al has made. Like this year he got Danny Clark and Marquez Anderson on the cheap and they came in and did great jobs. He also does a great job of finding talent in late round of the draft. See what Eric Barton did for the Jets and Derrick Coleman did for the Falcons this year. They improved those defenses dramatically this season. Al picked them both in the 5th round of the 1999 draft. They were both ungreatful and left at the first sign of trouble. Other examples would be Ronald Curry (7th), doug gabriel (5th), courtney anderson (7th) - you guys probably don't know about him but you will soon.


Those are absolutely great moves. But Barton and Coleman jumped ship before it sank. Can you blame them. Look at the teams they are a part of now. I would have done the same.

My problem with Mr. Al Davis is his free agent signings. Poor choices for the most part. It is possibly little bad luck. But one time shame on you. Two times shame on me. Al Davis is way beyond two or three bad free agents. Back to Moss.

Burleson will not be a top 10 WR next season with moss leaving. Between 15-8 is more like it. Mrob will be second fiddle to Nate, though.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:26 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact