Refs 7, Falcons 0 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Refs 7, Falcons 0

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby biju » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:57 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Ironhorse75 wrote:Yeah I think that forward progression call was kinda blatant.

This I thought was a terrible call. Levens was going backwards or at the very least had been stopped, and an O-lineman pushed him in. I thought that wasn't legal anyways (or was that carrying someone in?).

It's illegal to push or carry anyone forward.

However, the O-lineman actually did a "block" on a Falcon player which happened to push him into the direction of the goal line. Not exactly illegal, but not exactly a block either.

Regardless, the forward momentum was stopped and it should have been blown dead.

BTW, is anyone else bothered by the "play selection" stats they're showing? Just because Vick ends up running the ball doesn't make it a run play selection. Stupid.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:16 pm

was there ever any doubt as to whether or not the refs would say Chad Lewis got both feet in? It was stupid of Atlanta to challenge that. Lewis could stepped out of bounds by 10 feet and bobbled the ball at the same time and they would have called it a TD.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:21 pm

the fact that troughout the season i have seen a lot of posts from you bashing the eagles shows how biased you are, and kills the point that you are trying to make. i do agree the first call was questionable...but you obviously wouldnt have come out swinging like you did if you didnt have a prior beef with them as a team. i knew when they scored that second td you would come back saying something else . :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:23 pm

That QB roughing penalty was suspect, so there's your makeup. :-)

Yay Cat Fancy...almost ended my Sweet 16 Playoffs career. But, now I'm still alive! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:24 pm

Yes, and on the second TD, you can see that Greg Lewis pushed off on the long pass play. But no call. I thought it was pretty evident that Chad Lewis never even touched two feet down at all, let alone in bounds, but the refs saw otherwise, no surprise there.

I hope Brian Dawkins like that long pass by Crumpler just now. Maybe if he was worth a damn he would have broken up the pass before Crump caught it.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:24 pm

There ya go Falcons fans and Eagles haters. They've brought it up to 14-10. This game is very much alive. No disappointment here.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:32 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:That QB roughing penalty was suspect, so there's your makeup. :-)

Yay Cat Fancy...almost ended my Sweet 16 Playoffs career. But, now I'm still alive! ;-D

every time the falcons get the ball..i find myself yelling "give it to duckett!!!" im going to go from first to worst this week in sweet 16...i wish i had got to play that game before the playoffs-during the regular season. its fun! ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:32 pm

yeah but i have no hope for this game. The Falcons and Eagles are similar teams in talent, meaning the extra help from the refs will push the Eagles over the top.

But if they do win, I can't wait to see 2 weeks of trash talking and then watch either PIttsburgh or New England b!tch slap them and embarass them in the Super Bowl
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:14 pm

bagobonez wrote:yeah but i have no hope for this game. The Falcons and Eagles are similar teams in talent, meaning the extra help from the refs will push the Eagles over the top.

But if they do win, I can't wait to see 2 weeks of trash talking and then watch either PIttsburgh or New England b!tch slap them and embarass them in the Super Bowl

and whats your reason behind hating the eagles so much
"No I Will Not Make Out With You" --Billy Madison

Rico The Retard
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:34 pm

i'm gonna stay otu oif this one :-o , but GEEZ, UR SO BIASED!! :-#

not that I'm an eagle r, btu ur like
I hope Brian Dawkins like that long pass by Crumpler just now. Maybe if he was worth a damn he would have broken up the pass before Crump caught it.

but now ur like

was there ever any doubt as to whether or not the refs would say Chad Lewis got both feet in? It was stupid of Atlanta to challenge that. Lewis could stepped out of bounds by 10 feet and bobbled the ball at the same time and they would have called it a TD.

just pick a side to root for, and don't use too much bias. I agree with all the other guys in thsi thread.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting