dawkins sounds like a WWE wrestler - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

dawkins sounds like a WWE wrestler

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:06 am

eaglesrule wrote:I guess only raw stats go into being elite...


bag, you are a fool. at least try and back up your bias with facts. The fact is the eagles organization has won the most games since 2000. Mcnabb has had a hell of a lot to do with that, and possibly has also had more pressure to deal with as well. The guy has doubters each step of the way.


then again, why bother. enjoy watchign substandard mcnabb in the super bowl.


The fact is winning Super Bowls is all that matters. Am I right? You can't tell me that McNabb and Andy Reid are happy and satisfied just to go to 3 straight championship games and now a Super Bowl. THey've got to cash one of these things in or they're not going to be happy. So who cares if they're the winningest organization since 2000? The fact is that their Super Bowl Trophy case still has cob webs and dust bunnies. Yes, give them credit for being a good team for so long, especially in today's parity-driven NFL, but at the end of the day, championships are all that matter.

Just ask Dan Marino and Jerome Bettis and a million other players who would give all their stats and hall of fame status and pro bowl selections just to have one ring on their finger.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:08 am

maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Maybe if the fans and the Eagles players would keep their mouths shut and just play football, they would be in the good graces of the football gods.


I'll highlight it for you this time since your dodged the actual question last time.

What exactly do we Philly fans say that you feel you have the right to tell us to keep our mouths shut while you blabber constantly about make-believe conspiracies?

You have heard the 1st ammendment, right?


Maybe it's not actual words they say, but more like their demeanor. They throw batteries at visiting teams and visiting fans. THey're the most drunk, obnoxious bunch of fans you will ever see. They were the only team ever to have a freaking court room IN the stadium because there are so many drunk idiots getting out of line. They cheered when Michael Irvin was paralyzed. They boo'ed Santa Claus for God's sake.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:26 am

the more i read all these posts the more of an eagles fan im becoming.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:55 am

they booed sant abecause he was drunk at the time and acting like an ass -- the forgotten part of that little "tid bit"

yea, super bowls are the only thing that count. but is every team but one each year a "failure" -- I don't think so, and millions of fans don't think so. I think reid and mcnabb will be disappointed, as they should. but me as a fan can appreciate the ride.

incidentally, there will be more chances, even if they do go down. They are very young, have an excellent cap situation, and tons of picks in the next two drafts. they aren't going anywhere, despite what the cowboy media guide might try and claim.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:28 pm

bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:THey're the most drunk, obnoxious bunch of fans you will ever see.


I'm sure you've got the statistical evidence to back this up too, right? Oh what, its purely hypothetic and made up like your ridiculous conspiracy theories?

You wonder why why people take a offense to you? Its because you make ignorant statements like this, accusing others of something without any grounds to base such a claim on, without any proof.

I could make a better case that Brewers fans are the most drunk fans based off their team name nothing more, and I'd have already provided a sounder position than you have. Do you get how ignorant you're being?

btw: The Linc doesn't have a jail, so once again, stop living in the past. You've been moaning and whining all year about stuff even the Hatfields and McCoys could put behind them like it just happened yesterday.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:53 pm

maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:THey're the most drunk, obnoxious bunch of fans you will ever see.


I'm sure you've got the statistical evidence to back this up too, right? Oh what, its purely hypothetic and made up like your ridiculous conspiracy theories?

You wonder why why people take a offense to you? Its because you make ignorant statements like this, accusing others of something without any grounds to base such a claim on, without any proof.

I could make a better case that Brewers fans are the most drunk fans based off their team name nothing more, and I'd have already provided a sounder position than you have. Do you get how ignorant you're being?

btw: The Linc doesn't have a jail, so once again, stop living in the past. You've been moaning and whining all year about stuff even the Hatfields and McCoys could put behind them like it just happened yesterday.


Ok, so all the battery throwing that I saw on TV must have just been me hallucinating? I guess I was just hallucinating when the Eagles fans cheered when Irvin was on the field not moving. Even though Irvin himself has talked about the incident on the radio. Oh wait, I must have been hallucinating when he was on the radio too.

It doesn't take stats to show that the Eagles' fans are obnoxious. They didn't build a reputation for no reason. You're just nitpicking now because you know I'm right.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:55 pm

bagobonez wrote:http://www.cowboysguy.com/images/HIT.wmv Here's Roy blowing up Tai Streets.

http://www.roywilliams31.com/themes/rwilliams/movies/Title01.mpg Greatest Hits video


that hit on tai streets was huge. and then he celebrated after smcking him down.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:57 pm

maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Yeah it was a nice hit, but he doesn't have as many injury causing tackles to his name as Roy Williams does. Just ask Terrell Owens, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Tyrone Calico (Roy broke both his legs on one play), Musa Smith, the list goes on and on.


How hard someone is hit is not defined by how injured they become. If you've watched even a full season of football, you'd see most injuries come from something getting twisted on the way to the ground (TO for example).



agreed. what about bruschi's huge hit on stokely last week?? he didn't break anything, but man that was a huge blow.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:23 pm

bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:THey're the most drunk, obnoxious bunch of fans you will ever see.


I'm sure you've got the statistical evidence to back this up too, right? Oh what, its purely hypothetic and made up like your ridiculous conspiracy theories?

You wonder why why people take a offense to you? Its because you make ignorant statements like this, accusing others of something without any grounds to base such a claim on, without any proof.

I could make a better case that Brewers fans are the most drunk fans based off their team name nothing more, and I'd have already provided a sounder position than you have. Do you get how ignorant you're being?

btw: The Linc doesn't have a jail, so once again, stop living in the past. You've been moaning and whining all year about stuff even the Hatfields and McCoys could put behind them like it just happened yesterday.


Ok, so all the battery throwing that I saw on TV must have just been me hallucinating? I guess I was just hallucinating when the Eagles fans cheered when Irvin was on the field not moving. Even though Irvin himself has talked about the incident on the radio. Oh wait, I must have been hallucinating when he was on the radio too.

It doesn't take stats to show that the Eagles' fans are obnoxious. They didn't build a reputation for no reason. You're just nitpicking now because you know I'm right.


Rea my post before you respond. Did you see me quote any of those incidents you talked about? Did you? Look at it again and maybe you'll crawl out of your ignorant shell for a change.

You claimed Philly fans are the most drunk and obnoxious, but you provide no proof. I suppose you can actually provide us with sales records on how beers are sold at the Vet and the Linc each year, and show not only that they sell more beers on average per person than any other stadium, and that those beers are going to Philly fans. Oh wait, you can't? Are you sure? Because, you sounded so convinced, like you were stating a fact, when really you were ignorantly disrespecting any entire population of people with no regard for their values, their reputations, and only malicious intent.

Get off your damn high horse, and deal with reality. There is no conspiracy, the Eagles have beaten your Cowboys on a regular basis because they are a better team, and you're a very bitter sore loser whose only refuge dealing with his team's inability to win is to blatantly lie and slander other people.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:05 pm

maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:THey're the most drunk, obnoxious bunch of fans you will ever see.


I'm sure you've got the statistical evidence to back this up too, right? Oh what, its purely hypothetic and made up like your ridiculous conspiracy theories?

You wonder why why people take a offense to you? Its because you make ignorant statements like this, accusing others of something without any grounds to base such a claim on, without any proof.

I could make a better case that Brewers fans are the most drunk fans based off their team name nothing more, and I'd have already provided a sounder position than you have. Do you get how ignorant you're being?

btw: The Linc doesn't have a jail, so once again, stop living in the past. You've been moaning and whining all year about stuff even the Hatfields and McCoys could put behind them like it just happened yesterday.


Ok, so all the battery throwing that I saw on TV must have just been me hallucinating? I guess I was just hallucinating when the Eagles fans cheered when Irvin was on the field not moving. Even though Irvin himself has talked about the incident on the radio. Oh wait, I must have been hallucinating when he was on the radio too.

It doesn't take stats to show that the Eagles' fans are obnoxious. They didn't build a reputation for no reason. You're just nitpicking now because you know I'm right.


Rea my post before you respond. Did you see me quote any of those incidents you talked about? Did you? Look at it again and maybe you'll crawl out of your ignorant shell for a change.

You claimed Philly fans are the most drunk and obnoxious, but you provide no proof. I suppose you can actually provide us with sales records on how beers are sold at the Vet and the Linc each year, and show not only that they sell more beers on average per person than any other stadium, and that those beers are going to Philly fans. Oh wait, you can't? Are you sure? Because, you sounded so convinced, like you were stating a fact, when really you were ignorantly disrespecting any entire population of people with no regard for their values, their reputations, and only malicious intent.

Get off your damn high horse, and deal with reality. There is no conspiracy, the Eagles have beaten your Cowboys on a regular basis because they are a better team, and you're a very bitter sore loser whose only refuge dealing with his team's inability to win is to blatantly lie and slander other people.


Are you freaking kidding me? You want me to provide actual beer sales to PROVE my point? Look, I don't think it's any secret that Philly's fans are obnoxious. Fact is, I can't PROVE that they are the MOST obnoxious because that just boils down to opinion. It may be my opinion that battery throwing is more obnoxious than name calling, and it might be someone else's opinion that it's just the opposite. But if what you're implying is that Eagles fans (as a whole) are classy and sophisticated... well... all I can say is that you are WRONG and I don't think too many neutral people would disagree with me.

Philadelphia didn't get it's nickname changed to the "City of Brotherly Shove" for no reason.

Stop asking for stats and just open your eyes. Eagles fans are obnoxious, they just are. Are you denying that? If you are, man you've got some serious denial issues.

Yeah, Philly has beaten Dallas lately because they're a better team. I don't disagree with that (although Dallas did beat them once last year). But Dallas has OWNED Philly if you look back through history (especially in the Super Bowl department).

Look, you basically have no room to argue with me until the Eagles finally win one. If they do, I give you permission to rag on me all you want. Until then, the Eagles haven't done anything that matters.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:24 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact