Sorry, but after waiting for this for over a decade (since Reggie White's last Eagles game) I feel the need to gloat a little. I apologize in advance if it offends anyone.
1. Brian Dawkins. The defensive leader, best free safety the NFL, a 200 lb man that trains with an ultimate fighting champion in the off season, hits like Ray Lewis (Crumpler can testify to that), and showed up huge in this game.
2. Donovan McNabb. I'll just doge 3 tacklers in the back field and complete a 12 yard pass in 3 and long for a 1st down, it's no biggie. He's what everyone hopes Vick matures into, and possibly the best QB to wear Eagles green ever.
3. Derrick Burgess. Wow, just him on Vick no support on the entire half of the field and Vick goes nowhere. He hasn't been a star due to injury, but he was a monster today.
4. Brian Westbrook. Is there a more versatile running back in the NFL? Me thinks not. He gets over 100 yards per game average in total yards, and can run all day or catch all day whatever the defense gives him.
5. Jeramiah Trotter. The return a of star linebacker is what made this defense elite again. Not only a star, but a team leader and a man who can single handedly stand up running backs like Duckett, he has been one of the most important additions to any team all year.
6. Dorsey Levens. How in the world did he drive himself into that endzone? Heart, lots of heart. His tank isn't quite empty yet.
As a fan I just couldn't be happier right now. Sorry to those who don't share that happiness and read this.