How the NFC was won - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

How the NFC was won

Moderator: Football Moderators

How the NFC was won

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:47 pm

Sorry, but after waiting for this for over a decade (since Reggie White's last Eagles game) I feel the need to gloat a little. I apologize in advance if it offends anyone.

1. Brian Dawkins. The defensive leader, best free safety the NFL, a 200 lb man that trains with an ultimate fighting champion in the off season, hits like Ray Lewis (Crumpler can testify to that), and showed up huge in this game.

2. Donovan McNabb. I'll just doge 3 tacklers in the back field and complete a 12 yard pass in 3 and long for a 1st down, it's no biggie. He's what everyone hopes Vick matures into, and possibly the best QB to wear Eagles green ever.

3. Derrick Burgess. Wow, just him on Vick no support on the entire half of the field and Vick goes nowhere. He hasn't been a star due to injury, but he was a monster today.

4. Brian Westbrook. Is there a more versatile running back in the NFL? Me thinks not. He gets over 100 yards per game average in total yards, and can run all day or catch all day whatever the defense gives him.

5. Jeramiah Trotter. The return a of star linebacker is what made this defense elite again. Not only a star, but a team leader and a man who can single handedly stand up running backs like Duckett, he has been one of the most important additions to any team all year.

6. Dorsey Levens. How in the world did he drive himself into that endzone? Heart, lots of heart. His tank isn't quite empty yet.

As a fan I just couldn't be happier right now. Sorry to those who don't share that happiness and read this. :-D
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

I agree with most of your statements, they played a great game. But..

6. Dorsey Levens. How in the world did he drive himself into that endzone? Heart, lots of heart.

I'm not buying that at all. Unless you're talking about the heart of his fellow teammates that were pushing him in after the forward progression had already stopped.
Last edited by Ironhorse75 on Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: How the NFC was won

Postby biju » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:04 pm

maddog60 wrote:4. Brian Westbrook. Is there a more versatile running back in the NFL? Me thinks not. He gets over 100 yards per game average in total yards, and can run all day or catch all day whatever the defense gives him.

Congrats to your Eagles, but I don't believe Westbrook to be the most versitile RB. Give me Tomlinson any day. He did look pretty good today though, especially when he had back to back 10 yard runs.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:24 pm

well, LT i will give you -- begrudgingly.

However, remember that westbrook basically missed 3 games and still totaled 1500 yards of offense this season. Lt doesn't line up as a wideout often.

LT for westbrook straight up? I'd take that trade, but allow an eagles fan his euphoric statement.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Demented Avenger » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:11 pm

Ironhorse75 wrote:I agree with most of your statements, they played a great game. But..

6. Dorsey Levens. How in the world did he drive himself into that endzone? Heart, lots of heart.

I'm not buying that at all. Unless you're talking about the heart of his fellow teammates that were pushing him in after the forward progression had already stopped.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that was called a touchdown. He was actually going backwards for a second or so. Kudos to him for staying up that long, though.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:39 pm

Enjoy it while you can, because the Pats are going to roll in 2 weeks.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:40 pm

Here's how the NFC was won.

Falcons were way overrated. As I stated in my post in the leftovers, they played 2 teams with winning records all year, a surprising SD team, and a marginal Denver team. They barely beat crappy SF and Arizona teams and lost to 3 other teams with losing records. Eagles weren't much better schedule wise, but atleast they beat the crap out of most of the bad teams they faced. I called this one plain as day. Eagles were much better in a Falcons team that probably wasn't as good as their 11-5 record, even though they basically gave their last 2 games away.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:42 pm

bagobonez wrote:Enjoy it while you can, because the Pats are going to roll in 2 weeks.

this comes from a man who just recently said

Eagles are going to lose their 4th straight championship game. That's even worse than the Bills losing 4 straight Super Bowls. Ah hahaha.

hmm, i was thinking the pats were gonna win, but now im kinda leaning towards the eagles.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:44 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Enjoy it while you can, because the Pats are going to roll in 2 weeks.

this comes from a man who just recently said

Eagles are going to lose their 4th straight championship game. That's even worse than the Bills losing 4 straight Super Bowls. Ah hahaha.

hmm, i was thinking the pats were gonna win, but now im kinda leaning towards the eagles.

If you pick the Eagles to win this game.......... well, all i can say is, don't go betting the farm on it in Vegas.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:54 pm

bagobonez wrote:If you pick the Eagles to win this game.......... well, all i can say is, don't go betting the farm on it in Vegas.

Bags, you're like Merrill Hoge at picking Eagles game, so statistically, anyone in their right my mind should pick the opposite of what you do.

Oh, and if you're going to try to bash the Eagles after inaccurately predicting their destination all season, at least try to come up with some of your laughable dellusions instead your horribly inaccurate predictions of the future.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting