How the NFC was won - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

How the NFC was won

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:07 pm

maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:If you pick the Eagles to win this game.......... well, all i can say is, don't go betting the farm on it in Vegas.

Bags, you're like Merrill Hoge at picking Eagles game, so statistically, anyone in their right my mind should pick the opposite of what you do.

Oh, and if you're going to try to bash the Eagles after inaccurately predicting their destination all season, at least try to come up with some of your laughable dellusions instead your horribly inaccurate predictions of the future.

That's fine, you pick Philly, I'll pick New England, and we'll see who has the last laugh.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:28 pm

bold pick there bag -- going for new england...

they will probably win, but let's see what happens. eagles totally fresh, and believe it or now, owens will be playing. all sorts of sources in philly reporting that he will play.

we will see, either the eagles blow them out or make a game of it. a 4 wr set with lewis, pinky on one side, owens, westbrook on the other might be more than a little tough to guard in that scenario, given the speed they have.

new englad hasn't really had to face a running qb who can throw it as well.

ne should be favored and should win, but lets see. you have been wrong enough that doubting you is legit.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:32 pm

bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:If you pick the Eagles to win this game.......... well, all i can say is, don't go betting the farm on it in Vegas.

Bags, you're like Merrill Hoge at picking Eagles game, so statistically, anyone in their right my mind should pick the opposite of what you do.

Oh, and if you're going to try to bash the Eagles after inaccurately predicting their destination all season, at least try to come up with some of your laughable dellusions instead your horribly inaccurate predictions of the future.

That's fine, you pick Philly, I'll pick New England, and we'll see who has the last laugh.

I normally disagree with bagobonez on everything, but I'm going to side with him this time around. I wouldn't take Philly unless I was getting at least 5.5
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:10 am

eaglesrule wrote:bold pick there bag -- going for new england...

they will probably win, but let's see what happens. eagles totally fresh, and believe it or now, owens will be playing. all sorts of sources in philly reporting that he will play.

we will see, either the eagles blow them out or make a game of it. a 4 wr set with lewis, pinky on one side, owens, westbrook on the other might be more than a little tough to guard in that scenario, given the speed they have.

new englad hasn't really had to face a running qb who can throw it as well.

ne should be favored and should win, but lets see. you have been wrong enough that doubting you is legit.

If Peyton Manning, along with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley, Marcus Pollard, Dallas Clark and Edgerrin James can't score more than 3 points, I don't see the Eagles winning this game. They just don't have the horses. The Colts had 3 WR's that had 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD's. The Eagles have one.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:17 am

the colts didn't take a shot down field at all. if you think reid will follow that lead, you are nuts. the weather won't be what it was in that game in jax either. the colts also had what is universally agreed at this point, the dumbest game plan in a long time. the colts also don't have a qb who can buy time and waitfor coverage to break down.

remember, noone gave the pats a shot aginst the rams. no one thought the panthers would hang with them either.

pats should win ...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:27 am

Yeah, you're right, teams have had a history of pulling off the upset lately, but I think the case is different here. I mean, the Patriots are just an unstoppable juggernaut of invincibility. Unless Tom Brady gets hurt, I don't see this game even being close.

Look at the Colts. They had the 4th most prolific offense in NFL HISTORY. The Patriots' secondary was supposed to be a pushover with Ty Law and Ty Poole being hurt. And what did the Patriots do? They destroyed them by a score of 20-3. Made them look like a high school team.

Look at the Steelers. The Steelers had won 15 of their last 16 games, and Roethlisberger had not lost a game as a starter, and actually had a 27 game winning streak dating back to his days in Miami of Ohio. The Steelers had the best record in the NFL, and were an old-school, blue-collar, smash-mouth football team that was just as physical as anybody in the league. Were #2 at running the ball, and #1 at stopping the run and #1 in total defense. And what did the Patriots do? Embarassed them 41-27.

I'm sorry, I just really don't see Philadelphia having a chance in this game. And it's not really the Eagles' fault, it's just that the Patriots are unstoppable. The coaching is too good, the players are too good, the schemes are too good, the depth is too good. They're just too good. They might be the best team ever, who knows.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:35 am

bagobonez wrote:Yeah, you're right, teams have had a history of pulling off the upset lately, but I think the case is different here. I mean, the Patriots are just an unstoppable juggernaut of invincibility. Unless Tom Brady gets hurt, I don't see this game even being close.

Look at the Colts. They had the 4th most prolific offense in NFL HISTORY. The Patriots' secondary was supposed to be a pushover with Ty Law and Ty Poole being hurt. And what did the Patriots do? They destroyed them by a score of 20-3. Made them look like a high school team.

Look at the Steelers. The Steelers had won 15 of their last 16 games, and Roethlisberger had not lost a game as a starter, and actually had a 27 game winning streak dating back to his days in Miami of Ohio. The Steelers had the best record in the NFL, and were an old-school, blue-collar, smash-mouth football team that was just as physical as anybody in the league. Were #2 at running the ball, and #1 at stopping the run and #1 in total defense. And what did the Patriots do? Embarassed them 41-27.

I'm sorry, I just really don't see Philadelphia having a chance in this game. And it's not really the Eagles' fault, it's just that the Patriots are unstoppable. The coaching is too good, the players are too good, the schemes are too good, the depth is too good. They're just too good. They might be the best team ever, who knows.

now thats what im talking about. you stated good points and, supported how you felt without bashing everyone else. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:24 am

bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:That's fine, you pick Philly, I'll pick New England, and we'll see who has the last laugh.

Regardless of how the Superbowl turns out, I will have the last laugh. Where are the Cowboys right now? Oh that's right, at home wishing they were going to Jacksonville.

Its pathetic really how you feel a need to take every opportunity to act like the Eagles are never any good, can never beat anyone, and you're just waiting for them to mess up once so you can say "I told you so," while conveniently ignoring how your team fails to produce a winning record let alone an NFC championship.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:59 pm

maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:That's fine, you pick Philly, I'll pick New England, and we'll see who has the last laugh.

Regardless of how the Superbowl turns out, I will have the last laugh. Where are the Cowboys right now? Oh that's right, at home wishing they were going to Jacksonville.

Its pathetic really how you feel a need to take every opportunity to act like the Eagles are never any good, can never beat anyone, and you're just waiting for them to mess up once so you can say "I told you so," while conveniently ignoring how your team fails to produce a winning record let alone an NFC championship.

But see, the difference is, all the prognosticators predicted Dallas to fail miserably this season (and they did) but those same guys predicted Philly to win it all with the addition of T.O. and Kearse, but they're not going to. The thing is, everyone kisses so much Eagle @ss that their lips are probably green by now, but what has Philly done to deserve it? I mean, who has philly beaten? The Falcons? The Vikings? Whoop de doo. The Vikings were a .500 team and the Falcons had probably the easiest schedule of anyone. Meanwhile they've won some very close games against Cleveland, Washington and Dallas, all of whom were 6-10 or worse this year.

Look, I'm not even bashing anymore. There's no point in it. New England's going to do plenty of that come February the 6th. It's just a shame that the Eagles finally made it to the SUper Bowl this year, when it's impossible for them to win. Their best shot at winning the Super Bowl was when Tampa Bay beat them and went on to beat Oakland in the Bowl, because I think Philly could have beaten Oakland if they just would have got by Tampa.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. I did about McNabb not being a top 5 fantasy QB, and I'll have no problems doing it again.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:28 pm

bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

But see, the difference is, all the prognosticators predicted Dallas to fail miserably this season (and they did) but those same guys predicted Philly to win it all with the addition of T.O. and Kearse, but they're not going to. The thing is, everyone kisses so much Eagle @ss that their lips are probably green by now, but what has Philly done to deserve it? I mean, who has philly beaten? The Falcons? The Vikings? Whoop de doo. The Vikings were a .500 team and the Falcons had probably the easiest schedule of anyone. Meanwhile they've won some very close games against Cleveland, Washington and Dallas, all of whom were 6-10 or worse this year.

Look, I'm not even bashing anymore. There's no point in it. New England's going to do plenty of that come February the 6th. It's just a shame that the Eagles finally made it to the SUper Bowl this year, when it's impossible for them to win. Their best shot at winning the Super Bowl was when Tampa Bay beat them and went on to beat Oakland in the Bowl, because I think Philly could have beaten Oakland if they just would have got by Tampa.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. I did about McNabb not being a top 5 fantasy QB, and I'll have no problems doing it again.
Well, you're wrong because the majority of the prognosticators predicted the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. Many predicted the Eagles or the Seahawks to get to the Super Bowl, and then lose to the Patriots. SO I don't know where you get this media bias and such. Maybe because your homie Rush said so?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting