How the NFC was won - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

How the NFC was won

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:52 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:That's fine, you pick Philly, I'll pick New England, and we'll see who has the last laugh.


Regardless of how the Superbowl turns out, I will have the last laugh. Where are the Cowboys right now? Oh that's right, at home wishing they were going to Jacksonville.

Its pathetic really how you feel a need to take every opportunity to act like the Eagles are never any good, can never beat anyone, and you're just waiting for them to mess up once so you can say "I told you so," while conveniently ignoring how your team fails to produce a winning record let alone an NFC championship.


But see, the difference is, all the prognosticators predicted Dallas to fail miserably this season (and they did) but those same guys predicted Philly to win it all with the addition of T.O. and Kearse, but they're not going to. The thing is, everyone kisses so much Eagle @ss that their lips are probably green by now, but what has Philly done to deserve it? I mean, who has philly beaten? The Falcons? The Vikings? Whoop de doo. The Vikings were a .500 team and the Falcons had probably the easiest schedule of anyone. Meanwhile they've won some very close games against Cleveland, Washington and Dallas, all of whom were 6-10 or worse this year.

Look, I'm not even bashing anymore. There's no point in it. New England's going to do plenty of that come February the 6th. It's just a shame that the Eagles finally made it to the SUper Bowl this year, when it's impossible for them to win. Their best shot at winning the Super Bowl was when Tampa Bay beat them and went on to beat Oakland in the Bowl, because I think Philly could have beaten Oakland if they just would have got by Tampa.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. I did about McNabb not being a top 5 fantasy QB, and I'll have no problems doing it again.
Well, you're wrong because the majority of the prognosticators predicted the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. Many predicted the Eagles or the Seahawks to get to the Super Bowl, and then lose to the Patriots. SO I don't know where you get this media bias and such. Maybe because your homie Rush said so?


Yeah or maybe it's the fact that Philly had more players named to the Pro Bowl than anyone else, and the fact that McNabb was named the starter over Culpepper. Or the fact that everytime I go to the gym, McNabb's face is on the TV there, the entire 2.5 hours that I'm there. No, not Brady or Manning or Culpepper, McNabb. And if it's not McNabb it's Owens.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:00 pm

Umm, what does the media have to do with the pro bowl? Pro Bowl is chosen by players, coaches, and fans. So what does the media have to do with anything? Nothing. And you are probably making up the whole McNabb on TV the entire time. Unless theres a McNabb channel now.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:19 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Umm, what does the media have to do with the pro bowl? Pro Bowl is chosen by players, coaches, and fans. So what does the media have to do with anything? Nothing.



If I was a casual fan who watched some football shows, I'd vote for the names I knew, namely players who go on those shows. The media has a LOT to do with the Pro Bowl, in my opinion, at least with the fan voting.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 653
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Youngstown

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:26 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Umm, what does the media have to do with the pro bowl? Pro Bowl is chosen by players, coaches, and fans. So what does the media have to do with anything? Nothing. And you are probably making up the whole McNabb on TV the entire time. Unless theres a McNabb channel now.


Shhh. Don't tell him the reason McNabb is always on the TV is because he lives in Philly. It's just funnier if he keeps thinking there's a world wide conspiracy.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:39 am

maddog60 wrote:Shhh. Don't tell him the reason McNabb is always on the TV is because he lives in Philly. It's just funnier if he keeps thinking there's a world wide conspiracy.


Wait, wait, wait, so does that mean nobody else sees Tim Rattay in commercials for that San Jose Toyota dealer?
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 653
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Youngstown

Postby Ironhorse75 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:57 am


Wait, wait, wait, so does that mean nobody else sees Tim Rattay in commercials for that San Jose Toyota dealer?


And here I thought everyone was seeing Favre advertising Bergstrom Automotive.

So the rest of the country is missing out on the "Driver Meal" at McDonalds?

But clearly Coach Sherman advertising for Cellcom must be seen throughout the rest of the nation right?

http://www.thedalybrothers.com/ (site goes with the commercial)
Image
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1103
Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:25 am

Demented Avenger wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Umm, what does the media have to do with the pro bowl? Pro Bowl is chosen by players, coaches, and fans. So what does the media have to do with anything? Nothing.



If I was a casual fan who watched some football shows, I'd vote for the names I knew, namely players who go on those shows. The media has a LOT to do with the Pro Bowl, in my opinion, at least with the fan voting.


Exactly. The more crap the media spews about a certain player and/or team, the more the "zombie" fan believes it. I mean, it's the basic fundamentals of advertising. People believe what they read/see. If someone like Chris Mortensen for example, is kissing so much Eagle @ss that his lips are green and his nose is brown, and Chris Mortensen is considered an "expert" or an "insider" then the "zombie" fan is gonna say, "Wow. THat Chris Mortenson must be right. I'm going to log onto NFL.com and vote for that Dunuvun McNabb because I like what ol' Mort just said about him"

It's the basic fundamentals of advertisement and marketing, and I have no knowledge of either, but I know that much.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:45 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact