Brady kicks the Steelers in the shorts........ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Brady kicks the Steelers in the shorts........

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady kicks the Steelers in the shorts........

Postby black_hawk8888 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:01 pm

Uh huh. Cowher has to feel sick after that fumble/60 yd td pass. Now Roethlisberger has to win the game. What are his chances?
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Re: Brady kicks the Steelers in the shorts........

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:54 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:Uh huh. Cowher has to feel sick after that fumble/60 yd td pass. Now Roethlisberger has to win the game. What are his chances?

Again, I'd pick Brady over any QB in the NFL. Care to argue with me?
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ironhorse75 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:32 am

If he could manage the same success on a different team or not under Belichick, I may have to agree with you. But as it stands, I think you could replace Brady with an equally talented QB and have the same if not similar success.

Like the Pistons last year, and the Patriots of the past few years, because they play so well as a team it can be difficult to make such judgements on the individuals.

Love your sig though.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:50 am

Ironhorse75 wrote:

If he could manage the same success on a different team or not under Belichick, I may have to agree with you. But as it stands, I think you could replace Brady with an equally talented QB and have the same if not similar success.

Like the Pistons last year, and the Patriots of the past few years, because they play so well as a team it can be difficult to make such judgements on the individuals.

Love your sig though.

I dont understand why people say things like that. Its not like he sucked under one system and is now good under Belicheck. That bomb he threw to branch was sweet.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:04 am

I don't really like the Patriots at all.. someone new needs to win it. But I do admit that I'm a Tom Brady fan.. mostly 'cause he went to the best school in the states. ;-D
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ironhorse75 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:18 am

I know it's a little presumptious, and these arguments involving stats always go around in circles, but everything about that system in NE is great. If someone is having an off day, someone else is bound to pickup the slack whether it be Brady, Dillon, the defense, etc etc.

I don't mean to undermine the guy's talent because he's great and consistent as all hell, but is he the type of guy you could build a franchise around? Is there anything he did this season individually that gives him an edge to pick him above anyone else in the league?

15th y/g
6th tds
9th in QB rating
12th in comp
17th in %
10th in yards

I dont understand why people say things like that. Its not like he sucked under one system and is now good under Belicheck.

I know, and we won't really know how much he or Brady effected the team until one of them leaves. The closest example I can think of is Phil Jackson with the Lakers. The best coach of his time if not of all time led them to multiple titles. He leaves, and they're fighting for a shot to make the playoffs. In his earlier years with them they played as a team and dominated (at least before the Shaq/Kobe feud began.)

I'm not saying Brady would suck without Belicheck, I'm just trying to point out how valuable a coach can be. Would Brady have the same success under the same staff as the 9-7, 8-8 patriots?
Last edited by Ironhorse75 on Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:35 am

In all fairness, this was one of brady's worst years and he finished 9th in QBs ratings. not many people can call that a bad year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chcbb » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:24 am

i think a lot of people say they'd take brady over any other qb is because he is clutch in the big games; his td:int ratio is amazing in the playoffs for one... and although i agree a lot of his success has to do with the system he's in, a lot also has to do with the fact that he executes when it needs to be done; and three successful playoff runs of doing this are adequate proof of his talent and poise at this point.
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bowie » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:36 am

Ironhorse75 wrote:I know it's a little presumptious, and these arguments involving stats always go around in circles, but everything about that system in NE is great. If someone is having an off day, someone else is bound to pickup the slack whether it be Brady, Dillon, the defense, etc etc.

While the Patriots are a defense first team, you have to give Brady more credit than you are for carrying that offense. He may have Dillon this year, but Brady has already won two superbowls without much running support.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Fern » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:01 pm

chcbb wrote:i think a lot of people say they'd take brady over any other qb is because he is clutch in the big games; his td:int ratio is amazing in the playoffs for one... and although i agree a lot of his success has to do with the system he's in, a lot also has to do with the fact that he executes when it needs to be done; and three successful playoff runs of doing this are adequate proof of his talent and poise at this point.

lol, I think you meant to say Patriot fans would choose Brady over any other QB. I think I can speak for the majority of people and say they would take a Manning, C. Pepp or McNabb over Brady any day.

Nothing against Brady, other then him having another mediocore year as my FF QB. I will admit though that those bombs he threw were nice.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting