Say what you want about Big Ben - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Say what you want about Big Ben

Moderator: Football Moderators

Say what you want about Big Ben

Postby davus » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:32 am

Yeah, he struggled in the playoffs and helped seal an AFC championship loss for the Steelers. He still had an amazing year and give him a year or two more of experience and I think you are looking at the next elite QB.

I have nothing but positive feelings and respect for the guy. I think with the way he played early on, it was hard not to expect him to play like Brady in a huge game. He IS a rookie and some things you just have to learn the hard way.

I can't wait for next year. Thanks Steelers for a kickass season!

Thanks Cafe for making it even better.

;-D
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:38 am

Oh, Ben definitely had a great year...one of the (if not the) best rookie QB seasons of all time. Steelers fans should be excited to know that they have him for years to come. It's just a shame he ended it on a sour note, but the Pats are a tough opponent for a rookie, no matter how great the rookie is.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:35 am

Big Ben despite his lackluster playoffs is setting one heck of a standard for his draft class in QBing. Over the next couple of years he's going to become one of those elite QBs I believe, and this will certainly not be his last superbowl run.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ironhorse75 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:28 am

Nike obviously has faith in the guy.

That commercial with the masks does scare me though.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:05 am

The only critics I really hear talking about Roethlisberger are bitter Ravens, Browns and Bengals fans, angry that he'll be beating their respective teams twice a year for the next decade and then some.

There was this one guy... Aikman or something... who might be a Pro Bowler someday. His rookie season was 1-15, and many had counted him out. For Roeth to go for 13 straight starts with no loss is impressive, talent surrounding him or no. Critics, ease up.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Say what you want about Big Ben

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:14 am

davus wrote:Yeah, he struggled in the playoffs and helped seal an AFC championship loss for the Steelers. He still had an amazing year and give him a year or two more of experience and I think you are looking at the next elite QB.

I have nothing but positive feelings and respect for the guy. I think with the way he played early on, it was hard not to expect him to play like Brady in a huge game. He IS a rookie and some things you just have to learn the hard way.

I can't wait for next year. Thanks Steelers for a kickass season!

Thanks Cafe for making it even better.

;-D

Agreed, he's going to be good, but it did seem either the pressure or his thumb got to him...
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:17 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:The only critics I really hear talking about Roethlisberger are bitter Ravens, Browns and Bengals fans, angry that he'll be beating their respective teams twice a year for the next decade and then some.

There was this one guy... Aikman or something... who might be a Pro Bowler someday. His rookie season was 1-15, and many had counted him out. For Roeth to go for 13 straight starts with no loss is impressive, talent surrounding him or no. Critics, ease up.

as a ravens fan I don't give a crap abotu boller. I want ben on my team!!!! if I was on the ravens I'd trade ogden and boller for ben, and the ravens would be amazing.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:38 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:The only critics I really hear talking about Roethlisberger are bitter Ravens, Browns and Bengals fans, angry that he'll be beating their respective teams twice a year for the next decade and then some.

as a ravens fan I don't give a crap abotu boller. I want ben on my team!!!! if I was on the ravens I'd trade ogden and boller for ben, and the ravens would be amazing.

Thats a horrible trade, Ogden is the best OL in the game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikeydavison » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:40 pm

Ben finally showed that he is, after 16 weeks of near miraculous play, a rookie. There's no shame in being made to look bad by the Patriots; he isn't the first QB (cough, Manning, cough) to have it happen and he won't be the last.

I think Steelers fans can stop worrying about the QB position for the next decade or so. If J.P. Losman turns out to be half the QB Big Ben looks like he will be, we'll be fine in Bills country too!
mikeydavison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:02 pm

Okay, I don't want to dis on Ben. I love the guy. He will not be the next Troy Aikman. He is in a BEAUTIFUL system (see Tommy Maddox).

He runs a run-heavy offense. And, when he decides to throw, he has a top 5-10 WR, decent #2, and one of the best #3 WRs in the game.

Nothing against Ben, but he is in a helluva system for him.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk