Say what you want about Big Ben - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Say what you want about Big Ben

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ljthockey » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:45 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Thats a horrible trade, Ogden is the best OL in the game.

Give me Will Shields............No Odgen is definatly a top 3 OL

I actually got into a huge argument on this at school today these kids are retarded "blah blah Ben sucks see him play" It was seriously like a 5 on 1 argument..I was like for god sakes hes a rookie quarterback leading a 15-1 season.

Regardless mad props to Big Ben ;-D
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby warrick95 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:55 pm

Ogden>Shields because finding a good OT with fast enough feet and hands to play that position is harder than finding a good interior lineman.

Ben definitely had a superb year. Remember that NE is one of the smartest and best defenses in the league...thus, Roethlisberger was understandably confused by them. They also got down very early...which is something he wasn't very used to. The defense definitely carried this team and they failed early, leading to a loss and exit.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:57 pm

Congrats to Big Ben on a great season. Although they won most of those games rushing the football so successful Ben showed great poise and confidence in many tough game situations, and came back from a horrible start against the Pats yesterday. Along with that running game of theirs and that great defense I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers are still playing at this time next year, maybe even into February, if you catch my drift. Hopefully the Bus doesn't retire though.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:20 pm

What I was arguing early today the reason I think Big Ben makes the stealers so much better is not his superb quarterback play cause thats not there. Its the presence of the team knowing they have to work that much harder to make up for the young rook. I think Big Bens role might be more of a motivational factor than a above average qb.

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasy-Sports-Forum » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:19 pm

The subject of this thread is say what you want about Big Ben, so here it goes:

CCCHHHHOOOKKKKKKEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Fantasy-Sports-Forum
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby steelyeri » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:21 pm

He showed great promise this year. He surpassed everyones expectations. He was mature in a way that is rare in a rookie. He has great skill and poise. He will definately become one of the leagues best passers. Steeler fans can take pride in knowing that at least he played better than manning against the patriots, even beating them in his first attempt and that says a lot.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ljthockey » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:21 pm

You have to be expected to play good to Choooke

It was predicted that New England would dominate him and that they did ...... I dont see that as a choke

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:44 pm

Something I think to remember is that Big Ben was an excellent quarterback in real life this year. But unless you played in a 16-team league, started two quarterbacks, drafted really poorly (Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, etc.) or your quarterback suffered a season-ending injury (McNair, Grossman) it's unlikely that anyone used Big Ben for fantasy purposes, or at least successfully so. And in the Steeler system, that is unlikely to change; I just don't see them ever reverting back to the Maddox 2002 'gunslinger' offense.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:11 pm

The Lung wrote:Something I think to remember is that Big Ben was an excellent quarterback in real life this year. But unless you played in a 16-team league, started two quarterbacks, drafted really poorly (Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, etc.) or your quarterback suffered a season-ending injury (McNair, Grossman) it's unlikely that anyone used Big Ben for fantasy purposes, or at least successfully so. And in the Steeler system, that is unlikely to change; I just don't see them ever reverting back to the Maddox 2002 'gunslinger' offense.

Well, the Bus might be gone, and Duce isn't too young, so they'd better get a good RB to fill their shoes, or else a pass-oriented offense with Pitt's talented WRs looks like a better option.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:48 pm

I have a lot of faith in the Steelers 3rd and 4th string running backs, Verron Haynes and Willie Parker - they are no slouches.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk