FYI: Burress played his last game in Pittsburgh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FYI: Burress played his last game in Pittsburgh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:16 pm

Well, if Peerless is devoted to big money, its possible he might test the waters a little, then swim back to Pitt if there's money on the table. By the way... the Ravens and Cowboys are also looking for WRs...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:26 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Watch Philly sign him as a #2 behind Owens.

So basically Pinkston, except taller, heavier, and more athletic?! *drool* ;-D

Having Plaxico as a #2 would just be a beautiful thing.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:27 pm

I do see Pitt trying to bring Plax back because he is the right type of primary receiver for Ben but if Plax really does want out or asks for too much then Pitt will let him walk without hesitation.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby AGENT » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:30 pm

I think he is on his way to #1 Minn is the get rid of Moss. or #2 Baltimore. I look for Baltimore to try and ign a big name Wr this offseason.

Being from the Burgh this s bad news unless of course it is Plexiglass.
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:47 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:You know what really impressed me about him? When he caught that late TD pass, he just dropped the ball. Not even a smile. Barely a celebration. Many other receivers--hello, TO, Randy--would have celebrated their personal accomplishment despite their team losing.

That was classy.

Anyway, I imagine he could go back to Pitt--isn't he Ben's favorite target?

I can't remember T.O or Moss celebrating when there team was down by two scores.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:54 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:I do see Pitt trying to bring Plax back because he is the right type of primary receiver for Ben but if Plax really does want out or asks for too much then Pitt will let him walk without hesitation.

The Stillers could easily say goodbye to Plax. He is a FA who wants big money. The Stillers don't seem to have trouble letting high priced FAs walk. Plus they are very happy with the progress of Randel El. They probably figure he will step right into Plax's role.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:23 pm

moochman wrote:The Stillers could easily say goodbye to Plax. He is a FA who wants big money. The Stillers don't seem to have trouble letting high priced FAs walk. Plus they are very happy with the progress of Randel El. They probably figure he will step right into Plax's role.

The biggest question would be this: Would Ward go back to his "old" self, getting 8 - 12 TD's a year and a 1200 yard campaign, or would he stay the same while Randle El has the big jump in TD numbers? :-?

Randle El seems to me like a Santana Moss-type guy who can burn you deep once or twice a game and make some deep catches. He's not going to go up and grab the ball like Burress could.

I suppose they would end up fairly even on the TD front (7-8 each?) with Ward getting more yards and catches per game as the possession receiver. Seeing Burress leave would bump up Randle El's draft position...I just hope it wouldn't be overly ambitious. He could become a #3 WR in fantasy though.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:27 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
moochman wrote:The Stillers could easily say goodbye to Plax. He is a FA who wants big money. The Stillers don't seem to have trouble letting high priced FAs walk. Plus they are very happy with the progress of Randel El. They probably figure he will step right into Plax's role.

The biggest question would be this: Would Ward go back to his "old" self, getting 8 - 12 TD's a year and a 1200 yard campaign, or would he stay the same while Randle El has the big jump in TD numbers? :-?

Randle El seems to me like a Santana Moss-type guy who can burn you deep once or twice a game and make some deep catches. He's not going to go up and grab the ball like Burress could.

I suppose they would end up fairly even on the TD front (7-8 each?) with Ward getting more yards and catches per game as the possession receiver. Seeing Burress leave would bump up Randle El's draft position...I just hope it wouldn't be overly ambitious. He could become a #3 WR in fantasy though.

I think it's hard to say because we don't know how much Ben likes Randle El. It was pretty obvious that Ben loved throwing to a big target like Plax, which seemed to hurt Ward's numbers, but who knows if Ben will feel the same way about throwing to a completely different type of receiver?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:14 pm

there's one team that hasn't been mentioned yet: the ravens. They could have him as a #1 and he could manage 900/8, wohich would be very respectable.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:19 pm

This is great! Minnesota should definitely sign him. He is a good enough WR to be a #1, this would open the door to trade Moss. I don't think Burleson is ready to be #1, so Plax would take attention off him.

Come on Red, open the checkbook!
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye