FYI: Burress played his last game in Pittsburgh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FYI: Burress played his last game in Pittsburgh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:35 am

maybe Peerless is a fine receiver, as is Jenkins, and Michael Vick is just inaccurate. It could be...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:39 am

Well if he can't handle a coaches decision to not let a rookie QB throw 30 plus times a game then give him the boot.

Winning obviously isn't a priority here.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:11 pm

awwchrist wrote:Well if he can't handle a coaches decision to not let a rookie QB throw 30 plus times a game then give him the boot.

Winning obviously isn't a priority here.

Great point if he is looking for a championship he got pretty damn close this year and apparently wasnt satisfied. Burress just wants to be a one man show.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:46 pm

Its kind of dumb that you are jumping down Burress' neck for wanting to be a "one man show" when there is no conclusive proof in this entire thread that shows he intends to leave Pittsburgh.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:58 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Its kind of dumb that you are jumping down Burress' neck for wanting to be a "one man show" when there is no conclusive proof in this entire thread that shows he intends to leave Pittsburgh.

Yeah thats true these are just rumours. And im not jumping down his neck I like Burress but if he DOES want to leave Pittsburgh for reasons that he wants the ball more thats selfish I think you should want to win and get rings but then again im not in Plaxs shoes.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:11 pm

Profootballtalk.com wrote:BURRESS HAVING A SUDDEN CHANGE OF HEART?

Only one day after Steelers receiver Plaxico Burress all but slammed the door on a possible return to the 'Burgh in 2005, Burress' words and demeanor at Monday's season-ending team meeting suggested to some observers that he might now be inclined to stick around.

"I just don't feel like I'm involved," Burress said after Sunday evening's loss to the Patriots. "That's my personal feeling. That's the way I feel.

"It's Pittsburgh, which speaks for itself. They're not going to change. I'm not going to change. Three or four balls just doesn't suit me very well."

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette indicated on Monday that the Steelers will try to re-sign Burress, their 2000 first-round pick. There always has been a difference of opinion regarding the tall but at times underachieving receiver within the front office, and there are now indications that some of the powers-that-be might opt to slap the franchise tag on Burress if they can't re-sign him before he hits the open market.

The strategy, of course, might be to use the franchise tag as a tool for getting value for Burress via trade. And the challenge for the Steelers will be to free enough cap room to enable them to tie up the one-year average salary of the five highest-paid receivers in the NFL.

In the end, the price tag that Burress will command might not be as much as he thinks. He missed several games this year with a hamstring problem, which held down his stats significantly. With plenty of other receivers available -- and with the renewed enforcement of the five-yard chuck rule enabling pass-catchers of lesser ilk to make big-time contributions -- there might not be anyone willing to give Burress an eight-figure signing bonus.

Still, given his comments from Sunday, it remains to be seen whether enough people in the team's front office decide that keeping Plax around is worth the trouble. As of right now, our guess is that several surely think he isn't.

More info on the situation.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:32 pm

i'd love to see him go to philly. it doesn't make sense to go to baltimore -- if he was going to do that, why not just stay in pitt its like the same deal, but worse.

he will probably go to dallas or washington though.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:19 pm

Ironhorse75 wrote:
steelyeri wrote:I agree that he would probably be a great fit in K.C. and Atlanta. Baltimore also to a lesser degree mostly because Boller hasn't shown that he is a viable NFL starting QB.

Atlatna definitely needs a better receiver... but anyone going there better be able to swallow their pride and get most of their satisfaction in their paycheck. But who knows what the effect of a good receiver could have on their game. Crumpler was doing just fine.

Most of ATL's problem is Vick, not his recievers. yeah, price does suck, btu half of it is because his QB is a crapy passer. except for crump, who he has good chemistry with.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk