WORST COMMERCIAL?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WORST COMMERCIAL??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:23 pm

Those shock collar commercials from Bud Light get my vote. It was not really funny the first time I saw it, and it defintiely wasn't the next 50 times. Now they have a sequal to it. Great. It makes me miss the lizard and the frogs.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:49 pm

The "I'm lovin' it" McDonald's commercials.

Also, the Apprentice for being the worst disguised commercial. That whole show is just one big commercial for Pepsi or Burger King or whatever.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:50 pm

Demented Avenger wrote:The "I'm lovin' it" McDonald's commercials.

Also, the Apprentice for being the worst disguised commercial. That whole show is just one big commercial for Pepsi or Burger King or whatever.

true. It's all a marketing ploy.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:32 pm

I want to add a couple things to make sure I'm on record. I mentioned hating the Miller Lite refs commercials but agree the girl in the first one is hot and no I'm not 12 or a virgin. Anyway.

I thought the Nike commercial was GREAT. I've always been a fan of Nike's work and this is another interesting commercial. If you're going to try and be clever with a commercial then do it (the exception is Levi which I've never been able to figure out). Very cool visuals and my playa Pujols was great to see. I agree though that the Urlacher barbed wire box was lame, kind of homemade-Hellraiser or something. Anyway, it definitely did its job because we're talking about it.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:46 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:I want to add a couple things to make sure I'm on record. I mentioned hating the Miller Lite refs commercials but agree the girl in the first one is hot and no I'm not 12 or a virgin. Anyway.

I thought the Nike commercial was GREAT. I've always been a fan of Nike's work and this is another interesting commercial. If you're going to try and be clever with a commercial then do it (the exception is Levi which I've never been able to figure out). Very cool visuals and my playa Pujols was great to see. I agree though that the Urlacher barbed wire box was lame, kind of homemade-Hellraiser or something. Anyway, it definitely did its job because we're talking about it.

Gah, I had forgotten about those stupid Levi's commercials until you mentioned them. Those commercials made no sense whatsoever.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:13 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:I want to add a couple things to make sure I'm on record. I mentioned hating the Miller Lite refs commercials but agree the in the first one is hot and no I'm not 12 or a virgin. Anyway.

I don't get the levis either. the one with the guy chasing the car, right?? I hink that they're just trying to make it look like levis are cool cause a guy hanging on to a car is wearing them.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:02 am

And the flippin' buffaloes? Huh? I don't get it...
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby guitarhans123 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:38 am

i'd have to agree in saying that these commercials are bad. the worst part is when people talking and then some idiot quotes a commercial that isnt even funny.
the worst case is that 'Harley Dinet-Set" commercial... i heard that so many times and its not even funny. practically drove me crazy.......
guitarhans123
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:29 pm

Grrrr. The commercials that drive me nuts are the dumb Emerald Nuts commercials. For those of you that haven't seen them, count yourselves lucky. For those of you that have seen them, you know what I'm talking about.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:34 pm

Ack! Egyptian Navigators love Emerald Nuts! I want to pull an Elvis on the TV every time I see those. THE WORST.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting