Goof of Conference Championships. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goof of Conference Championships.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Goof of Conference Championships.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:01 pm

Cowher choosing to kick the field goal on 4th and goal from the 2.

I've been discussing this all day and really don't feel like typing out my thoughts,just not the right call IMO.

Not saying that the Steelers would or could have made the comeback but I feel Cowher deprived his team of that chance.
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:04 pm

Yeah that was definitely a stupid call on Cowher's part. I guess my goof goes to him. Honorable mention to Peerless Price; wasn't running the right routs or showing any effort out there.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:56 pm

The Chin goofed all game. I think a bigger goof than that was his game plan. Wait...Bettis just ran another gut play for a half a yard gain. Brilliant!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:57 pm

Yeah I didn't like the FG call either. I know 11 points is technically two scores IF you get a 2 pt conversion.

Seems I think you gain a ton of momentum if you push it in there. I think he let New England off easy there.

At worst you give them horrible field possession, but are still 14 down. I think I would have preferred seeing him roll the dice there.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:52 pm

Jim Mora. Breaking that radio box costs money!

Seriously, though, it's tough. Vick and Roethlisberger both played very poorly, but I think it was more great defense than "goofs" on their part. I guess my only other choice is the field goal. Who needs originality?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:25 pm

for rooting for the steelers. it was so hard in that game, they'll ahev a great drive, and their about to get a TD, and a pass will be intercepted. that was tough last night
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cooner » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:37 pm

not a single goof, but the Steeler's secondary get's my "goof of the week" Couple big plays (taking nothing away from nice routes and tosses from the Pats), and quite a few small plays on 3rd and 5's, loose coverage and poor tackling allowing for first downs, etc etc etc.
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby winjr » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:31 am

I couldn't agree more -- kicking that stupid field goal. You could feel the air being sucked right out of Heinz field. One of the few times when the home team scored and took the fans right out of the game. It was disgusting.
winjr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:44 pm

Ben Roethlisberger for throwing 3 interceptions! He looked like Eli Manning's twin brother out there. :-t

Also Bill Belichick for holding a team meeting at 4am after they just got back from Pittsburgh.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:44 am

id have to agree with the field goal also, for reasons stated already
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk