Oscar Nominees!!?? Where's the love?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Oscar Nominees!!?? Where's the love??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:30 pm

The wife and I wanted to see Spiderman2 for the longest time but never got around to it. Inevitably we just waited for it to hit DVD. Plunked our 13 bucks down aaaaand...bleh. I was disappointed to say the least.

Any reason that Hero wasn't nominated? I mean the visuals in that movie were absolutely stunning. I'm rather shocked it's not anywhere on the nominations.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:05 pm

what i so much abotu this awards crap is that senior citizens are the people dojn ghte nominations. I'm not kidding. that's why all the high-nominated movies are vawners. this is what I think the oscar nominees for best picture should be:

Field of Dreams
Rocky
Bruce almighty
The Next Door
Scary Movie 3

Now that would make a great show ;-D
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:35 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Now that would make an interesting show ;-D

Corrected. ;-)

Not only are you pitting up movies from different years, but also have some very... um... different... picks in 'em.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:19 pm

Canacuna wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:Now that would make an interesting show ;-D

Corrected. ;-)

Not only are you pitting up movies from different years, but also have some very... um... different... picks in 'em.

yeah that's the point. some came out this year, some two years ago, and one from the 80's, and one from even earlier.

oh yeah, I'll add another movie to that list to make it extra fun. the exorcist!!! :-b
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:12 pm

I agree that this is a very weak list of movies. I think the movie industry is suffering from a "Lord of the Rings" withdrawal.. not having a big Christmas blockbuster for the first time in 3 years.

That being said, I hope Clint Eastwood wins a couple Oscars.. he's one of my idols (note the cowboy hat).
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Turnip » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:06 pm

Nothing for Garden State? I thought that was a good movie.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:44 am

Man, Scooby Doo 2 just gets no respect! ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:02 pm

I'm with Canacuna, it seems like a pretty solid list. HOWEVER, I can't believe that "The Passion" was left off this list. Actually, there are reasons I'm sure that it was but such is the political side of the Oscars. Jim Caviezel should have garnered at least a nomination for doing a stand up job and playing a character that could easily suck down your career. There was probably no better set design or costumes that were made that I've seen this year as well.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:06 pm

MadScott wrote:I'm with Canacuna, it seems like a pretty solid list. HOWEVER, I can't believe that "The Passion" was left off this list. Actually, there are reasons I'm sure that it was but such is the political side of the Oscars. Jim Caviezel should have garnered at least a nomination for doing a stand up job and playing a character that could easily suck down your career. There was probably no better set design or costumes that were made that I've seen this year as well.

I absolutely agree. I know this was a controversial film but if you look at it totally from a film standpoint and leave out that debatable religion side, then it should be nominated for best picture and Caviezel should be nominated for best actor IMO
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:18 pm

I haven't seen all of them but I've got to tell you that "Finding Neverland" is a great flick. Depp is awesome.

But I hear that Jamie Foxx is going to win for best actor - too bad.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk