Will Owens play in the superbowl? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Owens play in the superbowl?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:55 pm

maddog60 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:Without TO the eagles have a next to zero chance of winning. he'l be in no matter how bad he is, and I'm guessign he'll be liek moss in week 17 or whatever (2/70/2). they'll throw a short screen to him in the red zone, and he'll be picking up shorts for TD's, nto catching long balls.

Yeah, like the Vikes and the Falcon were going to romp the Eagles without TO. First TO is going to be a cancer, which he doesn't become, then the team can't live without him.

I'll admit, it will be difficult for the Eagles to score without TO, and against Belichik, even with him, but its not like the Patriots can abuse any real weakness of the Eagles to score themselves.

Do they pass? I think not. Brady is a great QB, but his WRs against the best secondary in the league will look much different than it did against the horrific Colts, and the much weaker Pitt. secondary.

Do they run? Dillon is a great back, but watching TJ Duckett get stood up by Trotter and the Eagles just controlling the line of scrimmage, it would be a tough battle, no better than the Eagles screening to Westbrook all day.

So how do the Eagles let up points? Turnovers? But they're one of the best at not turning the ball over.

As much as NE's defense must be giving Reid fits, Belichik is trying to figure out a way to score against Johnson, and he'll be just as frustrated.

w/o TO the eagles can still beat every team in the NFl except the pats IMO. the pats are a dynasty, the new york yankees of football in y2k on. TO is the only person that gives the eagles a chance against the pats IMO.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:40 pm

The Eagles can win but I would be fairly shocked if they do. The Pats are flat better at basically every aspect of the game and have been here before... twice. I think TO will play but I can't see him as much more than a decoy and that won't help the Eagles because Bellicheck will pick up on that immediately and ignore him. Eagles with a healthy TO to challenge vertically would be so much more interesting. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's a good game and the Eagles win but I don't see it happening.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:41 pm

Sal Pal just said that he's "allowed to run on it IF he keeps up his normal rehab schedule." So, I guess that he might have a chance to go, but Reid's going to need to see how he looks before he lets him play.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:45 pm

If he can play, he'll play.

It's only the Superbowl.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:32 pm

I dont think he will play. I remember a week ago the trainer said he was behind schedule. Keep in mind that schedule only gave him an outside chance of playing. Now that they are in the superbowl he is ahead of schedule? Anyone else think the Eagles are trying to mess with the Pats?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:33 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I dont think he will play. I remember a week ago the trainer said he was behind schedule. Keep in mind that schedule only gave him an outside chance of playing. Now that they are in the superbowl he is ahead of schedule? Anyone else think the Eagles are trying to mess with the Pats?

of course he's ahead of schedule now!! it's the SB we're talking about. they would never let their star player sit on the bench in the SB vs the PATS, no matter how injured he is. even if he has a broken neck, they'd put him out there, because he's their key to even having a chance to bveat the pats.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Charlie24 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:43 pm

I think he'll probably suit up but play no more than 25 plays at the most... The difference maker for the eagles IMO will be brian westbrook though the pats should still win... they are on a pretty impressive roll after roughing up the best O in the league and then the #1 D
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:46 pm

this best o in the league stuff is getting absurd. yea the colts were awesome. Newsflash, the vikes were number 2, and culpepper passed for more yards than manning. Eagles handled them. The same team that almost beat the colts without Moss. Basically they are the same idea -- great air attack, crap D. So NE beat a aerial pass attack outside in the cold? Stop the presses.

Pitt got handled -- but then again their ROOKIE Qb threw 3 picks. Incidentally, the eagles would have had the number 1 scoring d had they not sat their starters week 17. And pitts d couldn't have been on the field that much, given their rushing attack.

But now its like they stopped some absoloute juggernauts or something.

Tell you what, the eagles have a better pass rush, and a better pass d than either of those teams do -- significantly so. It is unwise to overlookt he birds.

People conveniently overlook things when it suits their purpose I guess.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:54 pm

eaglesrule wrote:this best o in the league stuff is getting absurd. yea the colts were awesome.

Maybe the Colts just can't score outside in cold weather on the road against a good defense? While NE's defense did a great job, I'm not convinced the Eagles couldn't do the same under similar conditions.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Charlie24 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:26 pm

this best o in the league stuff is getting absurd. yea the colts were awesome. Newsflash, the vikes were number 2, and culpepper passed for more yards than manning. Eagles handled them. The same team that almost beat the colts without Moss. Basically they are the same idea -- great air attack, crap D. So NE beat a aerial pass attack outside in the cold? Stop the presses.

You seriously cant compare the Vikings O with the Colts O... Everyone would have to agree that the colts' playcalling was TERRIBLE against the pats (only scored 3 points) but you cant compare manning and co. to culpepper and co. because, at least this year, its no match, regardless of team rankings. Like YOU so often say, the eagles would have been the #1 scoring D if not for lack of playing time but that is not what the stats show.
And like I said ( unless you didnt take your time to actually read my post ) the eagles have a chance if westbrook plays like he did against the falcons though new england should win...
Even homers have to admit when their team is inferior than the other... There could be an upset of course but we'll see.
I guess its better if the eagles win cause even though we'll all have to hear about it for a long time, NE wont tie Dallas' record of 3 SB in 4 years ;-D
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk