Keeper League Needs 2 Dedicated Expansion Owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Keeper League Needs 2 Dedicated Expansion Owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League Needs 2 Dedicated Expansion Owners

Postby parity26 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:12 pm

WHAT:
I am the commissioner of a keeper league coming off its first year. The league currently consists of only friends & family but now we are opening it up to the public in hopes of finding a few dedicated, competitive & clean fair playing individuals looking for a long-term league. The problem I have found with only recruiting friends & family is that I only know so many people who really love fantasy football.

In 2005 our league had 3 rookie fantasy football players with the most experienced player having about 5 years of experience (out of 10). I would say that this league is an intermediate league- not a rookie league and not an advanced league. The age bracket of our league is between 19-35 but we welcome young (36+) and younger (18-under). It would be interesting to widen our age demographics.

WHO:
The person looking to join this league would be someone who does not give up after his team is out of the playoff race. The individual would not take advantage of other less knowledgeable owners with lopsided trade offers, yet would still be active by making fair trades. The new owner would give suggestions on how to improve the league but realize that there is a process and be patient.

Since I am someone who manages the Human Resource & Accounting/Finance function in real life I stress qualities like Integrity & Ethics into this league. The person will obey the Codes of Conduct of the league and respect all other owners.

BENEFITS:
How many keeper leagues give someone no option but be a true Expansion Team forcing you to build your team through the free agent pool and then through a few years of drafting. Some people enjoy this aspect but most feel it is not so fair and far too great of a disadvantage. Well our league offers New Expansion Owners a great opportunity to hit the ground running.

In 2005 we will use IDP's & a Head Coach. New Expansion Owners (YOU) will get the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick depending on which position you draw. The IDP & Head Coach draft will not serpentine to give the New Expansion Owner a true advantage. Here is also a true fact- no one in our league has ever used IDP’s or a Head Coach. So everyone is new to this.

Still think you need a bit more of an advantage. We do have an Expansion Draft in which New Expansion Owners can draft 3 studs from the Current Owners. That’s right though this is a keeper league we set this up so that Every Team has the chance to be competitive in year 1. Some leagues would never do this but our league is more about being fair.

In addition to the studs you will also get another 3 players to add to your foundation with first rights out of the Free agent pool. There are some good players out there (Jamal Lewis & Fred Taylor). Wonder why these guys are still available? Well one Owner from last year is not coming back or should I say not being asked back. He gave up midway through the year. Now his team is being added to the Free Agent Market.

HOW:
If you think you would be a nice fit into our league send me a PM and I will give you more details like league rules, fee’s, winnings, rosters, scoring, etc.

Thanks for your interest.
We want a clean, fair & competitive league. new rules will be implemented each year to give new expansion owners & weaker teams an advantage going into the next season.
parity26
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds