Most unde QB in the draft?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Most unde QB in the draft??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:45 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
DUKE wrote:here's what Kiper wrote about him:
UConn quarterback Dan Orlovsky made some nice throws on Wednesday, but often followed up a good toss with an awful one. He bounced some short and overthrew some other passes. While he looks good when he sets his feet and has proper mechanics, that has not been the norm for him. Orlovsky's inconsistency has hurt him this week.

liek every QB, he has good days and bad days. On the whole he is pretty much consistent. He reminds me of Trent Green, always solid for yards, and around a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. If he goes in the 2nd round, the team that takes him will get a huge bargain.

That's good in the pros, but not in Big East College FB if you're planning on being a high draft pick.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:27 pm

Omar Jacobs, 1st round pick next year, Bowling Green - 41 TDs, 4 INTs
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:34 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
DUKE wrote:here's what Kiper wrote about him:
UConn quarterback Dan Orlovsky made some nice throws on Wednesday, but often followed up a good toss with an awful one. He bounced some short and overthrew some other passes. While he looks good when he sets his feet and has proper mechanics, that has not been the norm for him. Orlovsky's inconsistency has hurt him this week.

liek every QB, he has good days and bad days. On the whole he is pretty much consistent. He reminds me of Trent Green, always solid for yards, and around a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. If he goes in the 2nd round, the team that takes him will get a huge bargain.

If he goes in the 2nd round, ill be shocked. If he goes in the first round,.... i dunno what id do.

A 2:1 TD INT ration IS NOT that good on your college resume, and you have to be pretty damn consistant to be drafted as a QB on the first day in the nfl draft.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:19 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Adrian McPherson, the most physically talented QB in this draft.

No question. I hope the Jets draft him in the 3rd or 4th because they need a backup with Penningtons unpredictable health. Had McPherson not been kicked out of the NCAA, he would probably be going top 5. 61 TDs and 5 ints in the AFL or whatever he played in this past year.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby dave416 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:15 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Adrian McPherson, the most physically talented QB in this draft.

No question. I hope the Jets draft him in the 3rd or 4th because they need a backup with Penningtons unpredictable health. Had McPherson not been kicked out of the NCAA, he would probably be going top 5. 61 TDs and 5 ints in the AFL or whatever he played in this past year.

Thats true, and I like McPherson, but I dont think they are accurate stats to go by. Many QBs in the AFL put up numbers like that I believe. I think Tony Graziani had like 99 TDs and 6 INT last year.

I personally think the team that gets Andrew Walter will be getting a steal.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Previous

Return to College Football