SUPERBOWL PBC! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

SUPERBOWL PBC!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby irishclown » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:30 am

If I showed you the stats to the AFC game (minus the score and the turnovers), you'd have to conclude that the Steelers won. The Steelers were ahead of the Pats in first downs, passing yards, running yards, and TOP. If it wasn't for the 3 int's and the whole not being as good thing, the Steelers would have won.

Good point.
I guess that just goes to show you how much "stats" are worth.
Thats all I heard from Colts fans, useless stats, then again from Steeler fans, more "stats", now Eagles fans...well guess what is protruding from their lips. (besides extreme fear)

Here are my stats. Just held the best scoring team to 3 points, and scored 41 on the best defense. You do the math. Sorry Philly, Even with no Ty Law, Ty Poole and a limited Seymore, you guys are hurting!!

Pats 34 Eagles 17 (maybe less)
Brady will get third MVP
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:33 am

im pretty sure the pats will win, but i want mcnabb to get a ring more than brady to get a 3rd.

SKOL EAGLES!!!
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:44 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
OwenTheBlonde wrote:Everyone knows I'm taking the Pats but I want the Eagles to win.

I dont really mind who you take, but shouldnt you take the team you want to win? Its not like you're losing any money or anything like that.

I treat my picks the same way whether there is money on the line or just bragging rights. I would rather the Eagles win, not enough to lose sleep however, but I KNOW the Pats will win.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Demented Avenger » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:03 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:I treat my picks the same way whether there is money on the line or just bragging rights. I would rather the Eagles win, not enough to lose sleep however, but I KNOW the Pats will win.

Did you KNOW that the Dolphins would beat them at home? There's still a football game to play, mcuh greater upsets have happened before.

irishclown wrote:Good point.
I guess that just goes to show you how much "stats" are worth.
Thats all I heard from Colts fans, useless stats, then again from Steeler fans, more "stats", now Eagles fans...well guess what is protruding from their lips. (besides extreme fear)

The pats killed the Steelers and Colts on the scoreboard. If they had whipped them statistically as well, then I would be on the "impossibile for Eagles to win" bandwagon. The pats just have this certain something (great coaching, luck, poise, nerves of steel, the Joe Montana jersey, or whatever it is) that allows them to win in January.

So maybe they won't have that magical invincibility aura this game, and without that, who knows?
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:14 pm

You Pats fans expecting a blow out are dreaming.

Yes, you scored 41 on the supposed best defense in the NFL, but failed to put up 3 TDs against the Colts band of misfits despite 3 turnovers by their offense.

News flash, the Eagles are a better team, and don't have obvious glaring weaknesses for you to exploit. McNabb's line has given him all day practically all year. And he isn't Manning (let's face it, Belichik is his krypotonite) or Big Ben (a rookie), he doesn't turn the ball over, so you won't be getting geifts from him. I'll also be interested to see how the Patriots handle a QB who isn't a statue in the backfield (when is the last time they faced a QB that could scramble?)

So the defense wont get the ball given to them, and the offense isn't going to coast either. Brady's facing the best secondary in the league, which easily overmatches his WR corps. Dillon is going to go head to head with Trotter and a revamped Eagles run defense, which has been one of the best since Trotter became a starter. So imagining 30+ points is just fantasizing.

Sadly, I have to give the Pats 3-4 point favorites. I personally see the game coming down to a game winning 2-3 minute 4th quarter drive to get a FG or TD, something like 24-20.

However, I'm taking my Eagles in this one. I dont care how long the bag needs to be worn for. This is our year. (don't you see the pattern Pats fans, you only get to win every other year :-b )
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:19 pm

maddog60 wrote:You Pats fans expecting a blow out are dreaming.

Yes, you scored 41 on the supposed best defense in the NFL, but failed to put up 3 TDs against the Colts band of misfits despite 3 turnovers by their offense.

News flash, the Eagles are a better team, and don't have obvious glaring weaknesses for you to exploit. McNabb's line has given him all day practically all year. And he isn't Manning (let's face it, Belichik is his krypotonite) or Big Ben (a rookie), he doesn't turn the ball over, so you won't be getting geifts from him. I'll also be interested to see how the Patriots handle a QB who isn't a statue in the backfield (when is the last time they faced a QB that could scramble?)

So the defense wont get the ball given to them, and the offense isn't going to coast either. Brady's facing the best secondary in the league, which easily overmatches his WR corps. Dillon is going to go head to head with Trotter and a revamped Eagles run defense, which has been one of the best since Trotter became a starter. So imagining 30+ points is just fantasizing.

Sadly, I have to give the Pats 3-4 point favorites. I personally see the game coming down to a game winning 2-3 minute 4th quarter drive to get a FG or TD, something like 24-20.

However, I'm taking my Eagles in this one. I dont care how long the bag needs to be worn for. This is our year. (don't you see the pattern Pats fans, you only get to win every other year :-b )

no glaring weakness? Im pretty sure that interior defense can be run on.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:24 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
no glaring weakness? Im pretty sure that interior defense can be run on.

Unfortunately that hasn't worked out for teams since Trotter started at Middle Linebacker.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby OldManRiver » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:18 am

SKOL Eagles
OldManRiver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby guitarhans123 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:32 am

the eagles dont have a chance in this game
pats are just plain a better team. even if terrell owens starts he will be coming right off an injury. i dont think he will start, because i dont think he'll be able to take a hit. the reason the eagles were so good this year is because the nfc is awful! the patriots have much more experience in the playoffs, and bellicheck doesnt lose big games like this. just look at the stats...
the AFC MVP in Playoffs (Manning) - 3 Points
the #1 Defense in the AFC - 41 Poitns (around there)
that speaks for itself... pats are a better team, more experienced, and have better coaching
guitarhans123
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby black_hawk8888 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:21 pm

I'm in for the Pats. Heck, I'll wear the bag until the NFL draft if they lose. McNabb will have his butt handed to him on a silver platter.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting