SUPERBOWL PBC! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

SUPERBOWL PBC!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby chcbb » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:53 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:I'm in for the Pats. Heck, I'll wear the bag until the NFL draft if they lose. McNabb will have his butt handed to him on a silver platter.

i'm in for the pats too... i'll bag it up until next season if they can't win this one.
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:39 pm

chcbb wrote:
black_hawk8888 wrote:I'm in for the Pats. Heck, I'll wear the bag until the NFL draft if they lose. McNabb will have his butt handed to him on a silver platter.

i'm in for the pats too... i'll bag it up until next season if they can't win this one.
\

Paper or plastic? :-D
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:40 am

these pats fans are bandying about stats and they don't even look deeper.

at the end of the day, you beat a dome team with no defense, outside in the snow ANd a rookie qb. you got basically 6 turnovers in two games -- i'd hope you win. This is getting stupid. Your "O" didn't dominate the steelers as much as you think it did, considering 20 of those points were the result of turnovers, and you won by 14 (or if you prefer, 21 because of the junk TD)

just remember the vikes scored a junk TD, and they were the nyumber 2 pass offense.

the same interior defense that shut down the number one rush team in the league? oh yea, that one. They are just patsies I guess.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MCG321 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:42 pm

I'm in on this challenge. C'mon, birds!
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:43 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:You Pats fans expecting a blow out are dreaming.

Yes, you scored 41 on the supposed best defense in the NFL, but failed to put up 3 TDs against the Colts band of misfits despite 3 turnovers by their offense.

News flash, the Eagles are a better team, and don't have obvious glaring weaknesses for you to exploit. McNabb's line has given him all day practically all year. And he isn't Manning (let's face it, Belichik is his krypotonite) or Big Ben (a rookie), he doesn't turn the ball over, so you won't be getting geifts from him. I'll also be interested to see how the Patriots handle a QB who isn't a statue in the backfield (when is the last time they faced a QB that could scramble?)

So the defense wont get the ball given to them, and the offense isn't going to coast either. Brady's facing the best secondary in the league, which easily overmatches his WR corps. Dillon is going to go head to head with Trotter and a revamped Eagles run defense, which has been one of the best since Trotter became a starter. So imagining 30+ points is just fantasizing.

Sadly, I have to give the Pats 3-4 point favorites. I personally see the game coming down to a game winning 2-3 minute 4th quarter drive to get a FG or TD, something like 24-20.

However, I'm taking my Eagles in this one. I dont care how long the bag needs to be worn for. This is our year. (don't you see the pattern Pats fans, you only get to win every other year :-b )

no glaring weakness? Im pretty sure that interior defense can be run on.

Look at the rushing defense stats since Jeremiah Trotter was named starter at MLB, and you'll see that they've been excellent. It seems many Pats fans are just looking at the season totals for the rush D, which leads them to think they're vulnerable. If you've watched the Eagles this year, you'd know that they've been completely different since Trotter has gotten the starts.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:03 am

Have to reply again here. Thing is, the Super Bowl is an exceptionally different game than any other and the pressure is huge, especially for a team that hasn't been there before, nor most of its player or coaches. That's a major factor imo. The Pats have been there and done that AND played two games that came right down to Vinatieri (basically) so they don't panic. People will argue that Carolina came in with no experience and put up a great challenge and that is absolutely true but you can't expect that every year. Also, Carolina had nothing to lose; whereas, Philly has been EXPECTING a title for four years. That's a little pressure. I know we are in a new era and SBs have to be judged somewhat differently than the Blowout Bowls of the past but my gut feeling says this is a blowout. You'll know within the first 5 minutes for sure. If McNabb isn't playing loose and the playcalling is conservative, they'll be in serious trouble. I'm not going to argue statistics because the Eagles are very good and the Pats stats are overblown but I just think the mental game will quickly go the Pats way and the Eagles will look like 20-25 other teams have in past SBs: deer in headlights. Just one guy's opinion.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chcbb » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:55 pm

maddog60 wrote:
chcbb wrote:

\

Paper or plastic? :-D

or maybe one of those reusable canvas bags...
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:57 pm

I've got a bunch of burlap sacks that are available free of charge to any Eagle's supporters................
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:10 pm

Refs 7, Patriots 0
I'm just getting it in early, so "nobody" else can take credit for such a bold prediction. :-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:07 pm

TTTBone wrote:Refs 7, Patriots 0
I'm just getting it in early, so "nobody" else can take credit for such a bold prediction. :-b

hahhaa ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting