Hasselbeck a Lion? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Hasselbeck a Lion?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hasselbeck a Lion?

Postby psmvchaser » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:30 pm

Just heard a rumor from a friend that is a waiter at Benihana. He said Charles Rogers came in and was saying that the Lions are going to release Harrington prior to June. He also said the top QB's on their list are Matt Hasselbeck, Drew Brees and Jon Kitna.

Interesting rumor, I would love to get Hasselbeck. I think our wideouts could catch those passes right on the numbers, unlike Seattles.
G-2

Lions LIFER! (and therefore miserable but ever optimistic)
psmvchaser
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:53 pm

there is no way in the world that this oculd be true. not even worth explaining.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:10 am

I think it is of course possible. Hasslebeck wants a nice, fat contract, and Seattle might not deliver. Hass is in the market, like SA is, until Seattle resigns, franchises or deals with this matter at hand.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:12 pm

Yeah just what the Lions need to let go of one inconsistant QB for another. I dont know if i would want any of those three in a Lions Uniform.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:45 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Yeah just what the Lions need to let go of one inconsistant QB for another. I dont know if i would want any of those three in a Lions Uniform.

I don't think the Lions would complain, the closest thing to a competent QB they've had in the last 10 years is Charlie Batch.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:48 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Yeah just what the Lions need to let go of one inconsistant QB for another. I dont know if i would want any of those three in a Lions Uniform.

I don't think the Lions would complain, the closest thing to a competent QB they've had in the last 10 years is Charlie Batch.

Oh man, this is crazy! I admit Hasslebeck probably isn't much better than Harrington, but I don't think Batch is any better. Come on guys, can you believe at one time a couple years ago we had "The Magic Man" as our third string. I don't care what anybody says he should have been our starter. Come on Cheesehead he was pretty darn good at Green Bay. I said once before it would be nice to get a veteren like Warner, but now I'm starting to doubt myself. Because he'd probably end up becoming a starter and dying on the field from so many sacks. So, I think all I can say is that we really, really need to find some one who can handle some pressure, because that's all they're going to be feeling in that backfield or pocket. I love my Lions, but they've gotta do something dramatic in the QB position, offensive line, and a little more in all defensive postions. Which is more than what I think can be done in 1 offseason. But, until the day I die. GO LIONS!!! ;-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Detroit Lions