Doctor won't clear TO to play - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Doctor won't clear TO to play

Moderator: Football Moderators

Doctor won't clear TO to play

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:31 pm

per ESPN
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/news/story?id=1975261

Technically its injury news, but I figure its big enough to go in here. Bad news for the Iggles.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:33 pm

wow, needless to say that sucks for the eagles.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MCG321 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:33 pm

TO can still play. This just clears the doc from any blame if TO chooses to play and re-injures himself. Smart career move by the doctor.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:38 pm

MCG321 wrote:TO can still play. This just clears the doc from any blame if TO chooses to play and re-injures himself. Smart career move by the doctor.

That is true... not the greatest sign in the world though.

You think he will play?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:01 pm

He'll still play. It definitely was just the doctor covering himself. The team doctors will clear him though.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:11 pm

Wouldn't be suprised if T.O. suits up and tries to play a few downs as a decoy or an emotional spark. The Eagles will need all the help they can get.

If the Pats can shut down Stokley, Harrison, Wayne, Manning, and Edge, then they can shut down a limping T.O.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MCG321 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:11 pm

terpfan wrote:
MCG321 wrote:TO can still play. This just clears the doc from any blame if TO chooses to play and re-injures himself. Smart career move by the doctor.

That is true... not the greatest sign in the world though.

You think he will play?

Yep, definitely not a great sign, but I think the doctor still needed to cover his bases. It'll come down to Reid deciding to put him in or not, but I do think TO will play.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:15 pm

i really doubt he will play, and if he does i think it will be very limited. i think they are just saying he might play to give the Patriots D a little more to prepare for. he had a VERY serious injury...him thinking he can play... and actually testing it by running routes-cutting etc. are 2 different things. i say there are 2 chances TO makes a difference in the game....slim and none.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:19 am

IMO, he will play. Without him runnign routes, the Eagles have littlechance of staying on track with the Pats on Sunday. Andy Reid won't care how hurt he is, and he'll have the offeseason to recover too, so I expect they'll put him in. Not as the #1 man, of course, but maybe a #3 running short outs to pick up a few first down. I also expect him to get a few redzone looks, so I'm guessing he'll be #2 man productive on Sunday.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:38 am

he will play. that doctor is doing it more from a legal standpoint. considering how much trouble grant hill has had (another patient of his) I don't think he wants to risk malpractice. I think this is more of a procedural thing than it is an honest assesment.

I think he will play. I think that if he can't cut, they might send him out on some 4wr sets with some space, and probably play him near the red zone. He won't be full time. But he will be enough to give new england something to think about.

The reason it helps, is that the pats can take away one thing you do best. but the eagles are semi-amorphous in that regard. They can do a lot of things pretty well. They can be very balanced when they want to be. TO just gives them one more thing.

And what a smack that will be if everyone thinks "he isn't 100 percent" then bam, he catches a big one.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk