Steve Smith vs Freddie Mitchell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steve Smith vs Freddie Mitchell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:36 pm

Eaglesfan---

Freddy Mitchell has had plenty of chances to rise to the top in that organization, prior to the arrival of TO. He was a first round pick, so you dont think that they gave him a chance to prove himself? Im sure that he is the 5th option because they have four better targets, which is not saying much about Mitchell. If they are looking to L.J. Smith and Todd Pinkston before him, then he cant be as good as Steve Smith.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:33 pm

LJ Smith is a good TE, im not even going to bother defending Pinkston.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:35 pm

Freddie Mitchell= lowest talent to arrogance ratio in the NFL
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:55 pm

Some people call it arrogance, I say that he's hyped up when he's in games. Sorry he's not a zombie.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:02 pm

i have seen 3 different interviews with mitchell on espn today. the one that just ended he said he didnt know the names of any of the patriots defensive backs names except harrison and he"will have something for him in the super bowl". one of the other interviews he says his catch on 4th and 26th was the greatest catch of all time right up there with the emaculate reception, that he is "the top fred of all time", even comparing himself to the great fred astaire...and proclaimed his hands as the best. even you eagles fan have to admit this guy is talking way over his ability. not very smart to be talking smack towards a guy like harrison before the big game 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:09 pm

I understand were you guys are coming from and all. The thing of it is that he is JOKING around. I don't know where all you guys are from, but the local(philly) sports station 610 has an anchor named Howard Eskin on it. He has Freddie on all the time, at least once a week. Freddie says he tries to get a rise out of all the guys from espn who always hate on the Eagles( Skip Bayless, Woody Paige, Sean Salisbury, Merril Hoge, Etc). Like two weeks ago, when he said the whole"I like to to thank my hands for being so good." All the espn guys bashed him, even though later in the interveiw he said he was kidding. So he told Howard everytime the mic is in my face im going to say somethign ridiculous.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:33 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i have seen 3 different interviews with mitchell on espn today. the one that just ended he said he didnt know the names of any of the patriots defensive backs names except harrison and he"will have something for him in the super bowl". one of the other interviews he says his catch on 4th and 26th was the greatest catch of all time right up there with the emaculate reception, that he is "the top fred of all time", even comparing himself to the great fred astaire...and proclaimed his hands as the best. even you eagles fan have to admit this guy is talking way over his ability. not very smart to be talking smack towards a guy like harrison before the big game 8-o

I saw the one about fred astaire, i think it was a satire. Beforehand the sportscenter crew (i think it was) praised his modesty and such. It just felt like sarcasm to me. Anyone else see it?
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:38 pm

yeah i did feel that part was a bit sarcastic....but the part about the patriots backs and harrison sounded pretty serious.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:40 pm

I didn't see it yet so I can judge. How did he come off as? Saying like who are these guys, or that he actually didn't know there names.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:42 pm

Eaglesfan wrote:I didn't see it yet so I can judge. How did he come off as? Saying like who are these guys, or that he actually didn't know there names.

exactly. he said he didnt need to know their names..that he knew their numbers. he said he only needed to know the packages they ran. it just seemed like he was saying they werent good enough for him to know or something.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk