Steve Smith vs Freddie Mitchell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steve Smith vs Freddie Mitchell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:44 pm

Eaglesfan wrote:Some people call it arrogance, I say that he's hyped up when he's in games. Sorry he's not a zombie.

Enough said. I'm glad this guy's running his mouth, it will just fire Rodney Harrison up even more to shake his teeth loose when he gets a chance.

God, February 6th cannot get here fast enough.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:47 pm

the guy is the most serious whacka doodle in the nfl, and he is plenty sarcastic.

as for ray lewis, serisouly -- are you comparing a comment made about a criminal to slamming another player for his skills?

I do think one is more justified than the other -- and when TO said it, he had a valid point. The guy gets chewed out ALL the time for having a big mouth, but then you have drug dealers, murderers, people with shady connections to murderers (ray lewis), drunk drivers, drug abusers, rageaoholics, wife beaters and everything else. yet TO is vilified while ray lewis is held high. I think that is a valid point in the context of a greater conversation. I don't think it is as much a slam on lewis as it is a slam on the system. And even if it was a slam, it didn't come out of nowhere, it was certainly valid criticism.

And again, TO and garcia had their differences anyway.

But whatever, it is stupid. I think smith assesment is definitely in the ballpark of being accurate, however, I think ti was pretty lame of him, all things considered. He went out of his way to say it, and considering he is home watching freddie in the super bowl, and his own game has enough holes, he probablyout to watch his mouth.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:50 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Eaglesfan wrote:Some people call it arrogance, I say that he's hyped up when he's in games. Sorry he's not a zombie.

Enough said. I'm glad this guy's running his mouth, it will just fire Rodney Harrison up even more to shake his teeth loose when he gets a chance.

What's your prediction on a score???
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:00 pm

eaglesrule wrote:as for ray lewis, serisouly -- are you comparing a comment made about a criminal to slamming another player for his skills?

I do think one is more justified than the other -- and when TO said it, he had a valid point. The guy gets chewed out ALL the time for having a big mouth, but then you have drug dealers, murderers, people with shady connections to murderers (ray lewis), drunk drivers, drug abusers, rageaoholics, wife beaters and everything else. yet TO is vilified while ray lewis is held high. I think that is a valid point in the context of a greater conversation. I don't think it is as much a slam on lewis as it is a slam on the system. And even if it was a slam, it didn't come out of nowhere, it was certainly valid criticism.

you must have been too busy thinking of a way to argue me than reading my previous posts:

deluxe_247 wrote:i do agree that smith went a little overboard, but what he was saying was true. just like the things owens said about garcia and my man lewis were true.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:09 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:the one that just ended he said he didnt know the names of any of the patriots defensive backs names except harrison and he"will have something for him in the super bowl

That's twice as classy as what Steve Smith said, at least Steve Smith can back it up.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:13 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:the one that just ended he said he didnt know the names of any of the patriots defensive backs names except harrison and he"will have something for him in the super bowl

That's twice as classy as what Steve Smith said, at least Steve Smith can back it up.

I didn't understand that!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby CC » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:16 pm

Eaglesfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

I didn't understand that!

Whats not to understand?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:27 pm

I think the whole Freddie Mitchell situation is ridiculous. Even if he is doing some of the stuff as a joke, he is a mediocre receiver, so why do we have to keep hearing from him?

Most likely he wont play a big role in the superbowl. He is a bust in the NFL, and I dont think he should be talking sh.t about anyone, especially a guy like rodney harrison, who is a tremendous player. And to say he doesnt know the names of anyone on the pats secondary? thats ridiculous...i cant imagine that he doesnt know who troy brown or ty law are.

So just be quiet freddy mitchel and actually perform before you run your mouth again.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:47 pm

Eaglesfan wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

What's your prediction on a score???

A very generous 35-17 in favor of the Pats.

Colts had the best offense in the league, and the Pats held them to 3. Steelers had the best defense in the league, and Pats put 41 on them. 35-17 is VERY generous.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:51 pm

Freddie sucks, pure and simple. His stupid title belt move and dumbass self-proclaimed nicknames are utterly silly considering that he is virtually worthless. Hasn't anyone told him that stuff is supposed to be for people who are actually good. Not counting the 1 game against Cinci where most of the Eagles starters did not play, he only caught more than 2 passes in a game 1 time. He caught 22 passes ALL YEAR and 6 of those were in that last game.

I agree with bagobonez, this Superbowl is going to be a colossal beatdown by the Pats. Now that Owens is out, the Eagles have no talent at WR. If they score, their only points will be a result of a special teams play or turnover because the Eagles won't be able to do anything against them offensively.

I can't believe the spread is only a TD. This will be a 3 TD game or better.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk